Service menu 3390? How to tell if unlocked?

I thought I had this old Nokia 3390 unlocked already but it rejects my
Cingular SIM. How do you get to the service menu to see the sim lock status?
Also referred to as a sim subsidy lock. Googled it but could not find a
service menu string that worked.

--
"Quality is the enemy of production."
Homepage - http://members.cox.net/rcbullock/ 'It's lamer than Spaeth's!'

    dont see why you need a menu to tell you its locked when you've obviously
    already figured it out...

    "rcbullock@no_spam.cox.net" <rcbullock@no-spam.cox.net> wrote in message
    >I thought I had this old Nokia 3390 unlocked already but it rejects my
    >Cingular SIM. How do you get to the service menu to see the sim lock
    >status? Also referred to as a sim subsidy lock. Googled it but could not
    >find a service menu string that worked.
    >

    > --
    > "Quality is the enemy of production."
    > Homepage - http://members.cox.net/rcbullock/ 'It's lamer than Spaeth's!'
    > ** Replies to rcbullock '"AT"" cox.net ** Sorry, I detest spam.

    Not a UK phone. Works on 1900 I believe.
    "Daniel Juhn" <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > dont see why you need a menu to tell you its locked when you've obviously
    > already figured it out...
    >
    > "rcbullock@no_spam.cox.net" <rcbullock@no-spam.cox.net> wrote in message
    >>I thought I had this old Nokia 3390 unlocked already but it rejects my
    >>Cingular SIM. How do you get to the service menu to see the sim lock
    >>status? Also referred to as a sim subsidy lock. Googled it but could not
    >>find a service menu string that worked.
    >>

    >> --
    >> "Quality is the enemy of production."
    >> Homepage - http://members.cox.net/rcbullock/ 'It's lamer than Spaeth's!'
    >> ** Replies to rcbullock '"AT"" cox.net ** Sorry, I detest spam.

Nokia