Hi guys, sort of new to this

jonnyboy_23

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
this is a sort of two-in-one..
ive been around forums for years, usually fitness forums etc. but dnot get me wrong! I love computers and electronics..

anyways years ago i was into CS, BF2 and all the C&C generals games.
slwly my life began and they sort of disapeared.!

Now after returning from a yr long holiday I went and bought BF3..

Guess wat! my cmputer cant run it, well it can. but not how i'd like it too.

I want to see what you guys thing is my best option's.

OS/ microsoft visat 32bit
pro/ intel core 2 quad q6600 2.4ghz 775 socket-------i overclocked today to 2.7 (voltage is at 1.3)
ram/ kingston module 2x1gb DDR2 800mhz------ i oC today from 800mhz@ 5-5-5-18 to 4-4-4-15 and it was slow as hell (opinions)?
Gra card/ Geforce 8800 gt 512mb.
PSU i think it is a 550 but i cant see any stickers on it unless its on the other side of the box.
ive got 3x 120mm fans + one on CPU + small one blowing it out and a large 200mm on the top to exhaust.

I attached a pic. I really want to play some BF3 and it aint happening.
im getting some more DDR2 ram in a couple of days to bump it up to 4g @ 800mhz
but im keen to know if this will help with gaming etc.
or should i be looking at another video card.

Thanks guys

Ps. havent been around computers inso long i hope what i wrote makes some sense to you pro's

I think that for a decent upgrade you will need a whole new computer outright, the Core 2 Quad is fairly old and wasn't anything great at the time. The 8800GT is actually a fairly famous card, for a long time it was the king of all GPU's, but alas time cuts down even the mightiest.

If you want to attach a pic, use the tags
You have to upload the photo to a 3rd party site like photobucket or imgur if you want to display it, Toms doesnt let us upload images too it. Make sure its a direct link as well,a link to the page its hosted on wont come up with anything.

jonnyboy_23

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
thanks for the reply guys, well im getting the Ram in a couple of days from a friend anyways, i might put up with it for a few weeks till I work out what I want to do..

hmm a nice gaming PC would be nice..
I Might have to look into a new monitor, what do you guys suggest as far as quality goes. would a 27" suffice or something smaller would run better?