help

my game will not run, when ever i start to load it, it says that it was
designed to run in 256 colours and closes itself. what does this mean and
how do i fix it?

If you have a desktop icon or listing in All Programs, simply click the item
and select Properties. One the Compatibility tab, look for Display settings
in the center section and put a check mark in the "Run in 256 colors" box.
Apply and then OK your way out.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"help" <help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my game will not run, when ever i start to load it, it says that it was
> designed to run in 256 colours and closes itself. what does this mean and
> how do i fix it?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:B1631E5B-BA83-4F1D-90EB-93341A4E08B7@microsoft.com,
help <help@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> my game will not run, when ever i start to load it, it says that it
> was designed to run in 256 colours and closes itself. what does this
> mean and how do i fix it?

Locate the game's .exe file, right click, select properties, compatibility
mode, set to run in 256 colors.

Galen
--

"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
its solution is its own reward."

Sherlock Holmes