Sign in with
Your question

Sapphire HD 7970 No Help At All

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 17, 2013 5:29:28 AM

Hi all,

Recently, the frame rate for both games i run on the card (BF3 and BO2) dropped significantly. From 125 consistantly to as low as 80+.

Some people had been telling me that it is the GPU problem. But temp always been around 55 ~ 60 when gaming intensively.

One friend said that SLI/Crossfire duo GPU actually has more consistant frame rate.

Any help is greatly appreciated, i just want to get this fixed really.

This is not a spam, really problems on my gpu.

(Notes: 55 ~ 60 CPU temp i5 3470 and 50 ~ 55 gpu temp on load).

More about : sapphire 7970

a b U Graphics card
January 17, 2013 5:38:51 AM

Have you changed your CCC settings or upgraded your drivers lately? What speed is the card and CPU running at while playing?
a b U Graphics card
January 17, 2013 6:43:12 AM

Install MSI afterburner, and while gaming have a look at the Core Clock speed in the graphs on the right. If its lower than what you have it set at, thats the problem.
Related resources
January 17, 2013 2:32:38 PM

trapper said:
Have you changed your CCC settings or upgraded your drivers lately? What speed is the card and CPU running at while playing?

I have the CCC Driver at 12.11 Beta 7.For the clock speed, when i idle in the main lobby, my i5 3470 hits 3392.28mhz. (I had it turbo boost).

For the GPU, it goes up and down when idling too at the game lobby (BO2).

Core and Memory Clock:

When browsing the net/idling at the main menu, goes up, then in a split second back down and back up again. (MSI Afterburner).
a b U Graphics card
January 17, 2013 6:57:09 PM

How about when your ACTUALLY gaming. Clocks while at idle are not important, neither are the CPU clocks. Just tell us the Core and memory clock after a couple of minutes in a game.
!