NEW XFX HD7850 Problems

G

Hello guys, the other day i received the parts to build 2 rigs.
One is a core i3-2120 the other a pentium G860, both have same motherboard an ASUS h61, 8GB ram an XFX HD7850 1GB running windows 7 64 bits.

PC n1 works perfectly fine.

PC n2 is acting weird, for example, after being idle a couple of hours (downloading a game) i turn on the monitor ON and i see some small blinking colored squares on the desktop, after opening a browser fullscreen and minimizing it they are gone...
Then the day after i get the classic windows error, "the display driver stopped responding and has recovered"..

Considering Both PC's have the same hardware and software, the driver is the one that came with the CD, i'm thinking the graphic card might be damaged, I REALLY don't want to RMA this card cos it will take more than a month to get a new one...I bought these on a very respectable online shop but i've read all over the internet that RMA takes forever so IF i can avoid it i'll be super glad.

Tonight i'll switch the cards on both pc's to determine if it's a software of hardware problem. If it does the same on PC n1 then i will 100% have to RMA it.

Is there a chance that this is a driver issue? or a power supply issue?
What else can i try?

FlyingHawk08

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
Download the latest driver from amd's website (12.10 or 12.11 beta11) (drivers on cd's tend to be outdated)

Also make sure everything else is up to date (other drivers chipset etc.)

Might make a difference :)

G

Ok, ill update chipset and drivers and windows 7 tonight. Fingers crossed. :pt1cable:

G

Latest ATI beta seems to have fixed all the problems so far..

I noticed another problem on PC1: after some hours of gaming i noticed the graphic card fan was spinning too fast, so i went to check the temp of the GPU and it was almost 80°..i freaked out, i checked PC2 temps (both pc's where playing same game starting at the same time) PC2 tems where below 60°.
I touched PC1 case to determine the source of the heat, it was the power supply... Even if it's fan spins normally it overheats, it doesn't do that on normal usage only while gaming.
It gets hot, the PSU cables get hot, the whole case gets hot, i was able to lower the temps by 10° by leaving 1 side of the case open.
But this PSU has to go, ASAP:

I'm planning to get one of this;
http://www.e-key.it/product_details.aspx?ID=35486

It's a CX430 Plus.
I think it will be fine for a core i3 (no OC),a single stick of 8GB corsair, an HD7850 1GB (1 6pin connector not 2 like the 2GB version) and a 500GB WD HDD.

What do you think of this PSU for my system?