Sign in with
Your question

PC hangs with audio tone (SB5.1)

Last response: in Components
February 26, 2002 2:56:52 PM

Hello!
I have SB live 5.1 in my PC (SB0060).The problem is that my PC hardlocks many many times with a distinct Audio Tone.
I have downloaded and using the latest drivers. My OS is WinME ,but the problem also persists for win2k(Using latestSB live 5.1 in my PC (SB0060 drivers).
The playcenter supplied in the CD is 1.55 ? where can i get the latest version and also the liveware 3?I purchased the card in Jan2002 end.
My motherboard is TOMATO(ZIDA) (AMI BIOS) with intel 810 and celeron 600e.
Please Help me on this.I have also tried changing slots

More about : hangs audio tone sb5

February 26, 2002 9:40:49 PM

Creative now insists on making you pay for updated software. Just another way to screw over the people who pay their salary.

My recommendation is to pick up a Muse XL from Newegg for $16.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!
February 28, 2002 1:19:04 AM

Are they really doing that? I didn't see anything like that on their website. Why would you want to pay for an upgrade for software that doesn't work to begin with?

I can't think of a good signature so I'll use this one.
Related resources
March 18, 2002 6:15:33 PM

I have a SB Live! card that does the same thing, locks with a constant tone. It happens to me when I am moving or accessing large files or running multimedia (WMP & WinAMP). I think it might be my IBM Deskstar 30GB 34GXP HDD. You don't by any chance have one of these HDDs or another IBM HDD?
March 18, 2002 10:22:17 PM

First, Creative does not charge for updates, they will only charge you for a new CD if you want it shipped and do not want to download it!!!! If you need the new player it comes in an update that you can get from <A HREF="http://www.americas.creative.com/support/files/download..." target="_new">Creative</A>. Just select the programs that you need and you should be on your way.

If it works for you then don't fix it.
March 19, 2002 5:18:08 PM

Apparently they stopped that. I know it was like that a while ago.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!
!