What to when shift 2 key

Hello,
i have a problem in my sony vaio laptop that is when i press shift+2 key it will display " instead of @ so what should i have to do?
7 answers Last reply
More about what shift
  1. Hi hitesha gohill. You can try blowing-out any particles that may be under the keys.
    If that does not work, you will have to open-up the laptop and take out the keyboard and reseat the cable.
  2. What model number is your laptop?
  3. Taking apart the laptop for one key is rather excessive. its more likely the key has been remapped
  4. Disagree; Food and liquids are the number 1 culprits. Desktop support for over 11 years.
  5. LOL food doesn't make a key type another letter. it.makes a key not type. yes shorts blah blah if he dumped a whole pop on it. its still much easier to check the key mapping before having someone who doesn't know what they are doing disassemble a laptop.
  6. Hi :)

Its set to AMERICAN keyboard...set it back to English in control panel/keyboard...

All the best Brett :)
  7. Brett, that would be in Regional Settings, not keyboard; I serously doubt that hte user went in there and changed any keyboard mappings; Possible yes, but I doubt it.

hitesha gohil, click on Start, and in the 'search' box, type "osk" (without the the quotations) to see how your actualy keyboard is mapped.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Sony Vaio Windows 7 Displays