External graphics card?

Hello, I'm not quite the technical person, so bear with me. I'll try to explain my problem as best as possible. :)
Anyway, I really LOVE playing PC games, however my computer isn't quite up to par anymore and it's incredibly annoying. I bought my HP mini back in 2010 and it was juuust able to handle some of the older PC games. My biggest problem is probably my graphics card: an Intel 1350. Recently when i try to play new games, little messages like "Your graphics card doesn't support shader 2.0" pop up. Is there a way that i can attach an external graphics card to my notebook? I'd really like to avoid buying a new computer all together. I just don't know where to go or what to do! Thanks for your time!
4 answers Last reply
More about external graphics card
  1. You're out of luck. Graphics cards can be attached via Thunderbolt externally, which only comes with select few high end, not more than a year old laptops.
  2. :( Go figure. Well thank you for the help.
  3. Would i still be able to tinker around with my computer and take it apart to insert an onboard graphics card like a nvidia?
  4. not with a laptop those are make with space in mind there are some types with MXM module but not yours is not (like 99.9% sure) best bet build a cheap gaming desktop.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Games Graphics