Sign in with
Your question

External graphics card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 17, 2013 6:05:29 PM

Hello, I'm not quite the technical person, so bear with me. I'll try to explain my problem as best as possible. :) 
Anyway, I really LOVE playing PC games, however my computer isn't quite up to par anymore and it's incredibly annoying. I bought my HP mini back in 2010 and it was juuust able to handle some of the older PC games. My biggest problem is probably my graphics card: an Intel 1350. Recently when i try to play new games, little messages like "Your graphics card doesn't support shader 2.0" pop up. Is there a way that i can attach an external graphics card to my notebook? I'd really like to avoid buying a new computer all together. I just don't know where to go or what to do! Thanks for your time!

More about : external graphics card

a b U Graphics card
January 17, 2013 6:14:12 PM

You're out of luck. Graphics cards can be attached via Thunderbolt externally, which only comes with select few high end, not more than a year old laptops.
m
l
January 17, 2013 6:15:51 PM

:(  Go figure. Well thank you for the help.
m
l
Related resources
January 17, 2013 6:18:36 PM

Would i still be able to tinker around with my computer and take it apart to insert an onboard graphics card like a nvidia?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 17, 2013 7:37:39 PM

not with a laptop those are make with space in mind there are some types with MXM module but not yours is not (like 99.9% sure) best bet build a cheap gaming desktop.
m
l
!