Connect ps2 to you're computer

August 24, 2005 3:30:25 PM

hi does anybody know how to connect my ps2 through my pc?

I am running xp media centre edition and already have a tv tuner built in to
the radeon 9200 that i am using. i can only get my tv through this card even
though i have the ps2 plugged in the video in out plug at the back.

can anybody help me please?

Dave

More about : connect ps2 computer

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 4:30:20 PM

Running the game console through the tuner card is going to cause a 2-3
second delay of the image, so unless you're a super game ninja and able to
predict the moves before they happen the experience is not good. Better to
just save up for a smallish TV and have a good experience with your games.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

> hi does anybody know how to connect my ps2 through my pc?
>
> I am running xp media centre edition and already have a tv tuner built in
> the radeon 9200 that i am using. i can only get my tv through this card
> even
> though i have the ps2 plugged in the video in out plug at the back.
>
> can anybody help me please?
>
> Dave
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 7:36:16 PM

> hi does anybody know how to connect my ps2 through my pc?
>
> I am running xp media centre edition and already have a tv tuner built in
> the radeon 9200 that i am using. i can only get my tv through this card
> even
> though i have the ps2 plugged in the video in out plug at the back.

Media Center itself will encode any analogue input, like Chris said causing
a delay of a few seconds.

You'd need a card with the proper inputs and it's own software to run. I
use my Nebula DigiTV (it's own software doesn't run under MCE at the moment,
only regular XP) to pipe my Xbox through, that has a composite input, the
quality is pretty poor through their, but it can put a signal through
without encoding.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.