What's wrong?

Last response: in Networking
a b D Laptop
April 10, 2004 7:40:27 PM

I have the MN 700 base station.
1. It will not upgrade the latest firmware. (I've done
all the written stuff)
2. The computer (Computer 1)that is connected to the base
station CANNOT be accessed from other computers (Computer
2 & Computer 3) but can access one of the computers
(Computer 2).
3. Computer 2 CANNOT access anything!
3. Computer 3, My DELL Inspiron 9100 (laptop) came with a
Dell True Mobil 1300 wireless card. Again, the laptop can
access Computer 2 but not Computer 1. I also have the MN-
720 that I had before I bought the laptop (used for
another laptop but had the same problem.)

More about : wrong

April 10, 2004 11:25:58 PM

Have you started by releasing and renewing the dhcp info on all three
computers?

What version of OS are on all three computers?

Is the MN 700 an access point or the sole router?

"Jameese" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the MN 700 base station.
> 1. It will not upgrade the latest firmware. (I've done
> all the written stuff)
> 2. The computer (Computer 1)that is connected to the base
> station CANNOT be accessed from other computers (Computer
> 2 & Computer 3) but can access one of the computers
> (Computer 2).
> 3. Computer 2 CANNOT access anything!
> 3. Computer 3, My DELL Inspiron 9100 (laptop) came with a
> Dell True Mobil 1300 wireless card. Again, the laptop can
> access Computer 2 but not Computer 1. I also have the MN-
> 720 that I had before I bought the laptop (used for
> another laptop but had the same problem.)
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 10, 2004 11:25:59 PM

1. Yes to the releasing
2. XP Professional (Two Desktops) & Home (laptop)
3. Sole router connected to Cable Modem

Thanks for your help,

April 11, 2004 12:38:28 AM

And are they on the same logical network--by this, I mean are they all in
the same ip range, ie 192.168.2.x with the same subnet 255.255.255.0

Are you using simple network sharing, or is it turned off? If off, are the
user accounts of all three identical?

Can any access the Internet?

!