First time gaming build advice

twotoes v2

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
Hi guys,

This is my first post and from what I've read in other threads it seems the community is very helpful. I'm trying to put together 2 builds to choose from, one for around $1200-1400 and one around $1000 (my original budget). Will be used primarily for gaming, RPGs and strategy games mostly, the occasional fps. I've started an intel build which I'll list the beginnings below. Id like a good amd build to look at too. I don't want to spend more than I need or vice versa too little if a couple extra bucks gets me improved performance and a better experience if I do expand out and use the pc for more than just gaming in future. If i can oc this setup comfortably a little I don't see why I wouldn't. So, here's what I've put together on my own so far for one build. Tell me what you guys think, it's not completed yet. Thanks guys.

Intel i7 3770k, asus p8z77 v pro, GeForce 660ti, corsair vengeance 4x4gb ram, corsair 850w psu, cm stormtrooper full or fractal r4 mid, corsair h100 cooler

Traciatim

Distinguished
Completely agree with Tiny, i5-3570k and a beast video card. Agree on the PSU as well, you don't need anywhere near that unless you are doing something incredibly crazy with your machine. If you are sticking with a single video card then any good 500w is more than enough, and if you plan to SLI/crossfire then you probably want to step up to a 650w.