Sign in with
Your question

Need help AMD cyclone hd6850

January 18, 2013 12:16:44 AM

Hello, at the time i wasnt looking for much of an upgrade on my computer so i bought the MSI Radeon HD 6850 with out thinking about if my mother board would be able to fit it, long story short i bought a new PSU, case, and the aforementioned video card ( MSI Radeon HD 6850), Basically I was wondering if I could provide my WIP (Work in Progress) Stats, and you could give me some tips on a good build before i waste more money rebuilding this new machine

case- Cooler Master Elite 430 - Mid Tower Computer Case with All-Black Interior
processor- WIP- AMD FX-8350 FX-Series Eight-Core Processor Edition?
video card- MSI Radeon HD 6850 1 GB DDR5 2DVI/ HDMI/DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card, R6850 CYCLONE PE/OC
hdd- Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JD 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 1.5Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive
motherboard -WIP- GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard?
dvd drive- NEC ND-3500A (I plan on d/cing it after OS install)
psu- Corsair Builder Series CX600 600 watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply Compatible with Intel and AMD Platforms ATX 700
cooling- Have no idea

The things with WIP are things i havent bought yet and need info before I buy.

Basically its still a sort of open build i need recommendations on a mother board // processor though im pretty set on the amd 8 core , i just need a good mother board that will be able to handle it, the one i linked should be good but some of the reviews worried me so some input would be appreciated also any recommendations on hard drives though im set on a 500g hdd, and RAM as well though im sure i can figure that on out probably buy a cosair, or kingston. And I really have no idea about cooling other then some 120mm fans if any 1 can point me in the right direction looking at what im going for.

I guess im trying to keep everything low pro to some degree so that the PSU and cooling isnt an issue so i can OC this video card, im new to that as well so any small tips any where would really help.
-edit, sorry left the psu its in there now.

More about : amd cyclone hd6850

!