I am trying to play rise of naitons game on my laptop. However after showing
me the introdutory video i get teh message that the game can't run in 256
colour mode. i go to settings and have changed this to both 16 bit and 32
bit. However even when i apply this and run the game again i still get the
same message. Does anyone have an idea how to deal with this problem? Thank
You! Paul

Hi Paul,

The solution for that error is presented in this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820089

I hope it helps! :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"paul555" <paul555@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7B425C1-DC66-4C4F-B1E0-A1CD560FA1C8@microsoft.com...
|I am trying to play rise of naitons game on my laptop. However after showing
| me the introdutory video i get teh message that the game can't run in 256
| colour mode. i go to settings and have changed this to both 16 bit and 32
| bit. However even when i apply this and run the game again i still get the
| same message. Does anyone have an idea how to deal with this problem? Thank
| You! Paul

Thanks for that link. one more question as i am a bit rubbish on computers.
One suggestion is to update my video driver, how do i know what make my video
card is? thanks

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> The solution for that error is presented in this article:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820089
>
> I hope it helps! :)
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

> MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
>
> "paul555" <paul555@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7B425C1-DC66-4C4F-B1E0-A1CD560FA1C8@microsoft.com...
> |I am trying to play rise of naitons game on my laptop. However after showing
> | me the introdutory video i get teh message that the game can't run in 256
> | colour mode. i go to settings and have changed this to both 16 bit and 32
> | bit. However even when i apply this and run the game again i still get the
> | same message. Does anyone have an idea how to deal with this problem? Thank
> | You! Paul

Hi Paul,

Here are a few ways to identify which video card you have
installed on your computer.

1. Click Start / Run / type: dxdiag
Click the Display Tab
Look under Device for the name and manufacturer

2. Click Start / (Settings) Control Panel
Click Display
Click the Settings Tab
Click the Advanced... button
Click the Adapter Tab

3. Click Start / Run / type: msinfo32
Click on the + Components
Click on Display to see the name on the right

4. Run Aida32 to see what Video, Chipset and Motherboard
you have: http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

5. Get the information from the manufactures website (or store)

6. Look on the Video card itself if you plug into a card, or

7. Look in your Motherboard manual if you plug into the
on board video built into the motherboard of your computer.

Hope that helps you identify the make and model of your video card,
and afterwards, Try updating your Video drivers using these steps:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#drivers Good Luck! :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms