Bad color saturation with new GPU

dagodeiros

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010
I recently received a refurbished EVGA GTX 670 SC from newegg. From the moment I plugged it in I noticed the saturation was a bit heavy. Mostly in reds and oranges, greens seeming a bit brighter as well. I replaced the DVI cable suspecting it might have been the cause but the problem is still apparent. Is it even possible the GPU could be doing this? Is it something I can simply fix with a bit of tweaking? I am running 3 monitors on this card and the problem is only on one DVI port.

So are you saying you are getting this just on one monitor or all 3? I'm just asking so we can narrow down the issue between monitor and card.

Also, what does the rest of your system look like.

CPU:
RAM:
GPU: EVGA GTX670SC
PSU:
MOTHERBOARD:

If you have a store bought computer please provide the following:
Company Name:
Model Number:

dagodeiros

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010
The problem is only on one monitor (the middle). The color difference is noticeable when I put the same image on each monitor.

Just in case the monitors are Asus VE245H
CPU: AMD Phenom II 1100t
Ram: 16gb G.Skill sniper 1600mhz
GPU: EVGA GTX670 SC
PSU: Corsair GS600
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7

dagodeiros

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010
I noticed the problem when I upgraded from a GTX 470 to the 670. I just did some experimenting..

Monitor 1 (Far left) was an HDMI connection while monitor 2 (middle) was a DVI. Monitor 1s color looked correct while monitor 2 was having the saturation problem. I switched the cables on the monitor end and the problem reversed. Now monitor 1 has the saturation while monitor 2 looks correct.
The DVI Cable is brand new, I replaced it upon suspecting it was the cause.

dagodeiros

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010
Just tried it with just two monitors and the problem persists. I also switched the DVI, which is monitor 1, currently with saturation, down to the bottom DVI port. Still noticing more vibrant colors.

dagodeiros

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010
Both with a DVI;
Monitor 1, bottom port is saturated.
Switched DVIs GPU side;
Monitor 2, bottom port saturated

Monitor 1 with HDMI is ok
Monitor 2 with DVI in TOP PORT is saturated
Monitor 2 with DVI in bottom port is satured
Im utterly confused here

Well I'll explain my logic here. We have rules out its a monitor thing yes? So the next thing I was asking you to do was go do just one monitor you went down to do but go down to one and see if it persists. Because I was trying to see if perhaps it was something that was driver related or something that was card related. Also there are color options with Nvidia control panel.

Okay so I would either blame the card which you could do because with your previous card I take it didn't do this otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up. So since you had just purchased the item I would return it and say that you are experiencing weird color saturation issues with the card and believe it to be defective.