joystick options

What file(s) can I copy over to my win2k drive( dual boot- w2k and XPpro) so
my joystick in XP is reconized in W2k?

Thanks all

Hi Hoover,

Your joystick works in Windows XP but not in Windows 2000?

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"HOOVER" <HOOVER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B906A823-A301-4085-BAE5-D0EFF7D3FCD4@microsoft.com...
| What file(s) can I copy over to my win2k drive( dual boot- w2k and XPpro) so
| my joystick in XP is reconized in W2k?
|
| Thanks all

correct.
FCS1

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Hoover,
>
> Your joystick works in Windows XP but not in Windows 2000?
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

> MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
>
> "HOOVER" <HOOVER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B906A823-A301-4085-BAE5-D0EFF7D3FCD4@microsoft.com...
> | What file(s) can I copy over to my win2k drive( dual boot- w2k and XPpro) so
> | my joystick in XP is reconized in W2k?
> |
> | Thanks all

Hi Hoover,

Well, if that's a USB device for example, you'll find it listed under
Human Interface Devices in the Device Manager, and from there
you can check the properties to see which drivers it's using and
where the drivers are located. Ideally though, you should install
your joystick using the CD it came with, or drivers from either the
manufacturer's website, or Windows Update Site if available. :)

--

"HOOVER" <HOOVER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE8EFB8E-97F4-4757-90F6-405D50818002@microsoft.com...
| correct.
| FCS1
|
| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|
| > Hi Hoover,
| >
| > Your joystick works in Windows XP but not in Windows 2000?
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
| > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| >
| > "HOOVER" <HOOVER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B906A823-A301-4085-BAE5-D0EFF7D3FCD4@microsoft.com...
| > | What file(s) can I copy over to my win2k drive( dual boot- w2k and XPpro) so
| > | my joystick in XP is reconized in W2k?
| > |
| > | Thanks all

william

What if your computr doesn't even recognize that a controller hasbeen
plugged in. Stick is a Saitek ST290pro, USB, I downloaded driver from mfctr
site. I'm being told that my game port drivers are not proporly configured
and to consult device manager. Dev. Mngr. contains no trace of any
controller no matter where I look ... HELP!

Thanks,
Will

william

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Hoover,
>
> Well, if that's a USB device for example, you'll find it listed under
> Human Interface Devices in the Device Manager, and from there
> you can check the properties to see which drivers it's using and
> where the drivers are located. Ideally though, you should install
> your joystick using the CD it came with, or drivers from either the
> manufacturer's website, or Windows Update Site if available. :)
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

> MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
>
> "HOOVER" <HOOVER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE8EFB8E-97F4-4757-90F6-405D50818002@microsoft.com...
> | correct.
> | FCS1
> |
> | "Jimmy S." wrote:
> |
> | > Hi Hoover,
> | >
> | > Your joystick works in Windows XP but not in Windows 2000?
> | >
> | > --
> | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
> | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> | >
> | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
> | > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
> | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
> | > _________________________________________________________

> | > |

Hi William,

Why not upgrade that PC to a Windows XP box ?
If you want to keep Windows 2000 on that machine, you
should also ask in the Windows 2000 newsgroups about
this problem as their talents are specific to Windows 2000.

--

HOOVER wrote:
> correct.
> FCS1
>
> "Jimmy S." wrote:

Do you refer to the Thrustmaster Flight Control System attached to a
game port? If so you will have to activate the game port itself first.
The early Thrustmaster joysticks used the x axis of the "second"
joystick for the Point Of View (POV) hat. Many other brands use the
"second joystick" x axis for the rudder, useing chords for the POV hat.
Earlier Windows 9x versions had provisions for recognizing this brand's
peculiarities BUT still required game port configuration before joystick
configuration.