Sign in with
Your question
Solved

(SOLVED)System build help

Last response: in Systems
March 8, 2013 1:24:46 AM

Hi i built my pc and i cant figure oout what this beep is i get this really long and annoying error beep. I dont know how to explain it but it goes 1(long nonstop), post beep, then windows start up... and the sound doesnt stop It stays on even when windows is booted. It reconizes all 8 gigs of ram and the cpu. It also recognizes the ssd and gpu.. Any help would be appreciated

Heres the video to help diagnose my problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOQBxPrzwzA

More about : solved system build

Best solution

March 8, 2013 1:39:31 AM

Try these steps to eliminate the problem.

First, unplug the cpu fan and boot, be prepared to turn off immediatly. Give it just long enough to confirm that the cpu fan isnt the issue. To me that looked like the amd stock cpu fan (which is major junk).

Secondly, (if step 1 fails) remove the power conector to your hdd. Assuming you have a hdd and not just a ssd. Turn on and listen for noise.

To me this doesnt sounds like a solid beep noise, but the sound of something spinning at high revolutions with a scratchy noise. Keep checking your parts by unplugging and rebooting. One by one. If nothing is the issue, Unplug your Mobo speaker if possible and check that the speaker is the source of the sound.

Lastly, Pull up your board and video software and check all temperatures. Run tests for stress and durability. do a mem test for your ram, and hdd tests to confirm your hdd,ssd are operating optimally.

After all is said and done, and the noise still persists, remove the speaker if that is the issue and use ur pc without it.
March 8, 2013 1:49:30 AM

Hmm did some testing with my fan and it appears as if the system fan 2 error warning was enabled. I wasn't using system fan 2 so that was the problem, it didnt detect anything plugged into the slot and thats why i was getting the error. Thanks for helping
m
l
Related resources
March 8, 2013 1:49:35 AM

Best answer selected by dxnarutoboi.
m
l
March 8, 2013 1:51:28 AM

syrax442 said:
Try these steps to eliminate the problem.

First, unplug the cpu fan and boot, be prepared to turn off immediatly. Give it just long enough to confirm that the cpu fan isnt the issue. To me that looked like the amd stock cpu fan (which is major junk).

Secondly, (if step 1 fails) remove the power conector to your hdd. Assuming you have a hdd and not just a ssd. Turn on and listen for noise.

To me this doesnt sounds like a solid beep noise, but the sound of something spinning at high revolutions with a scratchy noise. Keep checking your parts by unplugging and rebooting. One by one. If nothing is the issue, Unplug your Mobo speaker if possible and check that the speaker is the source of the sound.

Lastly, Pull up your board and video software and check all temperatures. Run tests for stress and durability. do a mem test for your ram, and hdd tests to confirm your hdd,ssd are operating optimally.

After all is said and done, and the noise still persists, remove the speaker if that is the issue and use ur pc without it.

And yea it is the stock one lol, I will be getting an after market one later
m
l
March 8, 2013 1:55:12 AM

I suggest the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. Ive used it in two amd builds, Both 6core processors. They stay around 40c and never get hotter. They are only $34 and will provide efficient cooling. Also, very easy to find a video to show you how to put it together and install it.
m
l
March 8, 2013 2:29:14 AM

syrax442 said:
I suggest the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. Ive used it in two amd builds, Both 6core processors. They stay around 40c and never get hotter. They are only $34 and will provide efficient cooling. Also, very easy to find a video to show you how to put it together and install it.

Yea I'll upgrade it asap the stock one doesnt include effiecent and good cooling
m
l
!