Help! System Doesnt Always turn on

syrax442

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
I am trying to figure out why my new build doesnt always turn on.

My rig - Asrock 970 extreme3 Board w/ uefi Bios- amd Fx6300 w/ hyper 212 evo cooler, Diamond Radeon Hd 7850 2gb Video Card, 8gb Pny Ram 1600 cl9, 1tb Toshiba Hdd,

The other components are Snow series thermaltake case, Lite-on 124-b dvd/dl burner, 2 rear case fans and 1 front intake fan, 1 small cooling fan for hdd bays.

First of all, The pc always boots on the third reboot. For some reason i turn on the power, press the power button, and it starts, all lights shine, every few moments the hdd led indicator will light up, and all fans are running. But the screens never come on. After first reboot, same thing.. On the second reboot (The third boot overall), The computer responds, posts to bios, and seems to run very efficiently. Plays games well, Streams video well, and no noticeable problems. Anyone know why this could happen? A setting in bios? bad cmos? Need new video or hdd? My last rig had the same parts, with a extreme 4 board when it was on sale and it ran fine. no issues at all.

ANy ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
First, what is the make and model of your PSU? Have you tried putting your GPU in a different PCI-E x16 slot? Uninstalled/reinstalled GPU drivers? What have you tried to troubleshoot?