Issue with Monitor not receiving signal?

zex_vex55

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
I just got some new computer components today and just finished installing them. I got new memory, computer case, graphics card, and a motherboard. Everything seems to be plugged in but maybe I'm missing or overlooking something, the graphics card and everything turns on normal, but my monitor says "no signal detected."

My computer specs are as follows:

Asus sabertooth z77 mobo
intel i-5 2400 cpu
2x 4gb gskill ram
Cooler Master Trooper Case
Radeon XFX 7850 GPU.
750 Watt PSU

Any ideas on why everything turns on, yet nothing appears on my monitor?

The monitor I'm using is a BenQ XL2420T.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

G

This could be due to an error in your setup or something wrong with the DVI plug or cable, or even the GPU itself. Even the GPU fan (If there is one) is working? If the motherboard has integrated graphics try connecting it to there.

zex_vex55

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
I tried plugging in my old gpu and still no results. Is it possible that there's a cable I'm not plugging into the mobo that could cause this to happen? There are two cables specifically that are not plugged in anywhere, one says CST 22 i believe, and the other is just a small 2-pin cable.

zex_vex55

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
http://imageshack.us/g/5/20130118005007405.jpg/

Is a link with quite a few pictures I uploaded, quality isn't the best. The last few pics are a few cables that aren't plugged in, and I'm unaware of their purpose so they may or may not make a difference?