Your question

HIS Radeon HD 7870 IceQ Turbo X

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 18, 2013 6:39:59 AM

Hi.

This is my first post in here and i was wondering.

Anyone else having the same card as the topic says?

Was wondering what kind of overclock people have managed to get out of this card.

The card has an amazing cooler wich so far allows me to run at 1160mhz gpu clock /5300mhz memory clocks 1100/4800 original 1000/4800 on stock 7870cards. With temperatures maxing at around 62C at full load.

I was contemplating a HD7950 card but realizing this card can be clocked well passed a stock 7950 and remain so cool and very very quiet!

More about : radeon 7870 iceq turbo

January 18, 2013 8:42:00 AM

62 is low Temp. You can OC more around 67

But the card you have has only 1 Fan.
And usually most cards have 2 Fans.

The cards like 7870 Twin Frozr or Asus ones will overclock high.
But the HIS one you have is bad for overclocking.
January 18, 2013 7:30:59 PM

I have the HIS 7850 IceQ Turbo, which has a factory overclock to 1000. I'm a virgin when it comes to overclocking, so I don't have any feedback on that, yet. I just wanted to add my two cents about these cards and the IceQ Trubo design. I can't believe how cool and quite this card is. When I first put it in, I had to check and see if the fan was actually running. I can hear it when I have the fan up to about 70%. I haven't gone over 60 degrees yet.
I went with this card because it was the only 78XX I could find (other than the reference cards) that was a blower - having two or three fans blowing the card's hot air around inside the case seems a little backward to me...but this is my first build, and I'm still learning.
!