Hi
I have just installed MoH Pacific Assault.
When I try to play the game I get the following popup

"Cannot locate the DVD-ROM
CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all CD/DVD
emulation software and restart game"

Any help would be appreciated. Please let me know if further info is
required.
Regards
Bill

Hi Bill,

If you indeed have any CD Emulation software, running remove
it. Many times NERO CD Burning Software is the culprit.

Before we begin troubleshooting the issue, if you have more than one
DISC player (CD/DVD/CDRW/DVDR/ETC) in your system, I've seen
this type of problem resolved by simply using the other DISC player. :)

Here are some other more involved solutions which have worked:

1. You might be affected by problems similar to the Insert CD error.
- Try the advice and DL at: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=228985
Another trick that I found sometimes works is to make the limited account an
administrator account and run that game once. This should create the registry
settings and permissions for that user to be able to properly run the game.

2. Kazaa or Kazaa light is installed on your system.
- Uninstall the game(s) and Kazaa, and reinstall from original CD.

3. Multiple CD drives on your system including Virtual CD drives.
- Disconnect all but the main CD drive and try the game. You
might have an older drive, or a CD Writer which is incompatible
with the Safe Disk copy protection on the CD. (Contact Vendor).

4. Your antivirus or application firewall might be conflicting with it.
- Disable the software temporarily.

5. There might be a patch available for your game to correct the issue.
- Try www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a/ or the game's site.

6. To see if it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup
programs one at a time, starting with Firewall, Antivirus, and ad
blockers using this utility: http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
or this method: http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.php

7. If you created other drive letters on your system by installing another drive,
creating partitions or virtual drives you may need to change the CD back
to the same drive letter it was originally. Usually the CD uses the letter D:
- Click Start / Run / type: diskmgmt.msc < to access the tool to change it.

Lastly, boot up your system, turn on your XP Internet Firewall, plug back
into your Internet connection and install all Critical and Recommended updates
from: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com one at a time.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Bill P" <wmp@nospamfor26for.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:depo4r$3oi$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
| Hi
| I have just installed MoH Pacific Assault.
| When I try to play the game I get the following popup
|
| "Cannot locate the DVD-ROM
| CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all CD/DVD
| emulation software and restart game"
|
| Any help would be appreciated. Please let me know if further info is
| required.
| Regards
| Bill

Thanks for the quick reply Jimmy.
I have uninstalled CloneCD and the game is up and running now. One problem
that I have is that the mouse movement is all over the place. I have tried
adjusting sensitivity and smoothness but it is still not very satisfactory.
I have a cordless optical HP mouse and I was wondering if that could be the
problem .
Regards
Bill

"Jimmy S." <nosp@m.pls> wrote in message
> [...]
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
> Contact
> MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
> My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
> rights.
>

> "Bill P" <wmp@nospamfor26for.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> | Hi
> | I have just installed MoH Pacific Assault.
> | When I try to play the game I get the following popup
> |
> | "Cannot locate the DVD-ROM
> | CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all CD/DVD
> | emulation software and restart game"
> |
> | Any help would be appreciated. Please let me know if further info is

Hi Bill,

It could be either the mouse, it's driver, or most likely the
surface you're using the mouse on. Try a non reflective
surface and it should hopefully resolve that issue for you.

--

"Bill P" <wmp@nospamfor26for.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:deq2a8$ruh$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> [...]
| > back
| > into your Internet connection and install all Critical and Recommended
| > updates
| > from: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com one at a time.
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
| > Contact
| > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| > rights.
| >

| > "Bill P" <wmp@nospamfor26for.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
| > | Hi
| > | I have just installed MoH Pacific Assault.
| > | When I try to play the game I get the following popup
| > |
| > | "Cannot locate the DVD-ROM
| > | CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all CD/DVD
| > | emulation software and restart game"
| > |
| > | Any help would be appreciated. Please let me know if further info is
| > | required.
| > | Regards
| > | Bill
| > |