Sign in with
Your question

93% when no program running hd 6570

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 18, 2013 8:54:21 AM

I have an amd hd 6570. It was working fine until suddenly I noticed that the activity is shown to be 93% in the catalyst interface while no games, Nothing is running! When i switch on my pc, it starts from 0.. gradually upto 10% and then to 92%~93% when absolutely nothing is running in the background.. The Gpu temperature also rises and touches 62'C.
My GPU isnt overclocked. I only Increased the fan speed a few times before. I didnt tweak any other thing..
What's going on? Can anyone help me fix this?

More about : program running 6570

January 18, 2013 9:04:25 AM

Kari said:
malware?
run the f-secure online scanner for starters
http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/free-tools

People are saying that its a bitcoin mining virus.. Dont know how to remove this damned thing!! agghh!! dont have any idea what a bitcoin miner is, what it does and why it does that!
m
l
Related resources
January 18, 2013 9:13:21 AM

Mousemonkey said:
Bitcoin mining virus

Ya people told me that.. I'm running windows 8.. so cant even locate the svchost*32.exe thing in the task manager to end it.. How do I get rid of this? am in need of some serious aid! am lost!
m
l
January 18, 2013 9:15:50 AM

lifesamd said:
Ya people told me that.. I'm running windows 8.. so cant even locate the svchost*32.exe thing in the task manager to end it.. How do I get rid of this? am in need of some serious aid! am lost!

Try clicking the link, it might lead to a solution.
m
l
January 18, 2013 9:29:33 AM

Mousemonkey said:
Try clicking the link, it might lead to a solution.

I tried that even before posting it here.. Its not working.. The only way out that i can see is formatting my whole pc.. and I would soooo like to avoid that! If anyone has a solution.. please let me know and fast..
m
l
January 18, 2013 9:41:52 AM

The avg found a few threats and moved them to vault... aand things seem normal again.. Activity 0%.. dont know though if its only a temporary solution.. will wait and see...
m
l
!