HD7750 coil whine dangerous?

I can hear coil whine from my gpu when playing games like mw3 and farcry3.....when i close game noise stops....is it normal or danerous?????
plus it is little annoying....
14 answers Last reply
More about hd7750 coil whine dangerous
  1. Dangerous. Leave your home immediately and call the police.

Seriously though, no :-) it is annoying though isn't it!
  2. sound can be heard loud only when i put my ears on it....from normal 1m distance it is not much annoying...i can hear it if i put my concentration
  3. Then it is ok.donot worry.
  4. By the way, who is the card manufactured by? Is it Gigabyte?
  5. No HIS
  6. I heard that his has problem with fan.
  7. Apply for an RMA,it might cause serious problems later after a few months but before you do that,try re-installing the card,there's no logical reason as to why I am suggesting this but who knows... if you're lucky the noise might go away....
  8. Exchanging the GPU is indeed an option. However, coil whine, in and of itself, other than being annoying, will do no harm.
  9. if it is harmless i will not go for rma....for rma i have to go other city which is problem...gamez are running fine....what you say???
  10. nathoka said:
    if it is harmless i will not go for rma....for rma i have to go other city which is problem...gamez are running fine....what you say???

Stay with what you have. It will be fine.
  11. If you choose not to RMA, then remember that whine. Because if you stop hearing it, then you might have a problem. Cuz its possible its the coil on the fan. And if you dont hear it or that fan.. card might over heat. I'd keep an eye on it.
  12. I ran fan on 100% but there was no coil whine....only loud spin.....so i can say that its not fan related
  13. plus if i use furmark its pitch is different from farcry3
  14. today i noticed that gpu noise when watching good quality videos with speakers off
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Games Graphics