Eyefinity questions

MiraculouSx

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Hi there people, I've recently built a new gaming rig (Specifications are at the bottom) and I want to use eyefinity, my 7970 XFX 1Ghz edition has 2 mini display ports, one hdmi and one DVI.

Currently I have 1 LG LS5600 32inch LED TV that I use to game (Planning to get 2 more very soon). That has 3 HDMI ports, one RGB port, Component cables and AV IN1.

To use eyefinity, what cables will I need to use 3 TV eyefinity setup? Would I need to mini display port to HDMI cables? or is there other ways to do it?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but it's my first attempt at using eyefinity and I want to make sure it goes well with the least amount of hassle :D

Thank you for your time! and hopefully your help! :D

(this is sort of relevant judging by other forums, I am planning on getting another 7970 Ghz in the near future to take advantage of the high resolution).

My specifications:

HAF X Full tower case
Gigabyte 990Fxa-d3 Mobo
AMD 8350 8 core @ stock 4.0Ghz
XFX 7970 DD 1Ghz edition
8 GB of corsair RAM (2000mhz) (Looking to get two more sticks of RAM, the same ones)
120GB SSD
1 Terabyte Seagate HDD (7200rpm)

EzioAs

Distinguished
I believe you can use either:

1) DVI+HDMI+DP
2) DVI+DP+DP
3) HDMI+DP+DP

The first on is probably your best choice since your TV comes with HDMI ports (that's one) and you can find straight DVI-HDMI cable or you can use a DVI-HDMI adapter (and that's two). However, you will still need to have at least one active display port adapter and convert it to HDMI and plug it into the TV (that's three).

MiraculouSx

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013

Thanks you ever so much! This has gone a long way to solving all the problems I had! Thank you!

Yes EzioAs is correct you can use any of the ports as long as one of them is DP... As for using TV's to game on... I wouldn't suggest doing it. Might want to consider just getting 3 24-27 inch monitors and just hooking your current TV up as the 4th display and use it for hardware monitoring / chat/ web or whatever you want to do on the desktop.

Maybe something like my setup... i have 3 monitors in landscape mode in surround and then my TV positioned above my center monitor that i use as either a TV or 4th monitor to monitor my hardware/chat windows/website browsing.