the sims 2

sims 2 dont work on my computer plz help it keeps on coming up prom with
direct9.0 which i have downloaded so what now do i need a video card and how
can i tell if i have one or not thx
3 answers Last reply
More about sims

    Hi Jane,

    "jane" <jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3910F2A4-0CE0-424B-9F57-35CCEC0E81F7@microsoft.com...
    | sims 2 dont work on my computer plz help it keeps on coming up prom with
    | direct9.0 which i have downloaded so what now do i need a video card and how
    | can i tell if i have one or not thx

    For the list of graphic cards supported by SIMS 2:
    http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21

    Here are a few ways to identify which video card you have
    installed on your computer.

    1. Click Start / Run / type: dxdiag
    Click the Display Tab
    Look under Device for the name and manufacturer

    2. Click Start / (Settings) Control Panel
    Click Display
    Click the Settings Tab
    Click the Advanced... button
    Click the Adapter Tab

    3. Click Start / Run / type: msinfo32
    Click on the + Components
    Click on Display to see the name on the right

    4. Run Aida32 to see what Video, Chipset and Motherboard
    you have: http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

    5. Get the information from the manufactures website (or store)

    6. Look on the Video card itself if you plug into a card, or

    7. Look in your Motherboard manual if you plug into the
    on board video built into the motherboard of your computer.

    Hope that helps you identify the make and model of your video card,
    and afterwards, Try updating your Video drivers using these steps:
    http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#drivers Good Luck! :-)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    It requires Direct X 9.0C not 9.0 or 9.0B. It will not run without 9C..

    "jane" <jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > sims 2 dont work on my computer plz help it keeps on coming up prom with
    > direct9.0 which i have downloaded so what now do i need a video card and
    how
    > can i tell if i have one or not thx

    Meant to add that it is included on the disks.

    "jane" <jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > sims 2 dont work on my computer plz help it keeps on coming up prom with
    > direct9.0 which i have downloaded so what now do i need a video card and
    how
    > can i tell if i have one or not thx

Sims Graphics Cards Games Microsoft Computers Windows XP