Windows 7 or 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehiddenlotus

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
New Gaming build... I was going to go with 7 but I can get a student discount on 8.

Windows 7 Home Premium for $100
or
Windows 8 Pro Student for $70

It takes about 20 minutes to make win 8 look and behave exactly like win 7 .
Im using classic shell to add the start button

it has a better license and a bunch of nice new features

The only drawback really is that it doesnt include media center ... you have to pay for that seperately

make sure you get the 64 bit version

thehiddenlotus

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

Is it worth it? Or should i just go with stay with 7 even though its more expensive?

thehiddenlotus

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

Thanks for the video, I think I will go with Windows 8. I just want make sure it will support my games. Are there any major games it won't support? I do play all the Fallout series (including 1-2) as well as other older games.

Ive had no problems with games and Win 8

and since the game runs in the driver , anyone who has had a problem had a driver issue , and since the drivers for win 7 and 8 are identical .......

anyone who reported a game issue with Win 8 is just plain wrong

Im using this to add the start menu
http://www.classicshell.net/

looks like the one they use in the video

Far as I know, Windows 8 is very much background wise as Windows 7 is, just like the majority of 7 is just re-suited Vista coding. If it works with 7 or Vista, I would be inclined to think that it would work on 8.
Though you are talking programs that are from the age of Windows 95/98, who knows how it will work on Windows 8.

VM's are always an option of it doesn't work.

ballerslife

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2013
I have had problems with windows 8, so I just went back to windows 7. First of all, I do a lot of networking and stuff, and half the network programs don't work for windows 8. Other than that it was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.