Sign in with
Your question

Question about my AMD Radeon 6750

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 18, 2013 5:39:17 PM

I purchased an XFX radeon HD 6750 1gb gddr3 video card about a week ago. It runs fine and everything, but i was curious about the memory clock speed. The default clock speed is only 667mhz, and the default GPU clock speed is 700mhz.

My question is when i looked the card up on the websit and it says the memory clock is 1.6ghz. Now that is the video card model i bought. Looks exactly the same, and has the power pin and what not.

Website---http://xfxforce.com/en-us/Products/Graphics-Cards/AMD/A...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...(same product model)
January 18, 2013 9:42:13 PM

These 2 numbers are different, i never seen a memory frequency up to 1.6GHz (excepted with high overclocking). Don't worry about it.

- The Brownie
January 18, 2013 11:12:16 PM

Not sure what it is but brownie here is wrong. A 670 has a stock 6 ghz memory clock. Many GPU's have over 1.6ghz memory clock. My radeon hd 6850 comes in at 4ghz. If i had to guess your problem mortal, I would say that it under clocks itself to save power until it goes under load. Try monitoring it with something like MSI afterburner while playing a game and see what the max number is afterwards.
January 18, 2013 11:24:05 PM

xa376 said:
Not sure what it is but brownie here is wrong. A 670 has a stock 6 ghz memory clock. Many GPU's have over 1.6ghz memory clock. My radeon hd 6850 comes in at 4ghz. If i had to guess your problem mortal, I would say that it under clocks itself to save power until it goes under load. Try monitoring it with something like MSI afterburner while playing a game and see what the max number is afterwards.

What i meant is that the memory frequency that you usually boost while overclocking will not be as high as 1.6Ghz and the way it's shown, 1.6GHz is for something else for the memory but not about the clock itself. Just don't worry about this number it will not give any big performance increase even if you overclock it.

- The Brownie
!