G

Hi I have installed WIN98 and LINUX on a new PC that used to have WinXP (I had to get rid of it because most of my applications were not compatible with it). The smart Red Hat Linux had no problem recognizing my integrated audio device (SounMax from Digital Labs) while my Win98 (second edition) does not find any drivers for it!
Anybody has any idea of how to solve this problem? Are there drivers out there for an integrated sound card?
thank you
Giovanni

G

I don't have any CD with the drivers for my motherboard!
too bad
thanks anyway

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Didn't actually think many people used that...hehe. I don't use the old view with links to each reply.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

buletbugs

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2002
Hi,I am having a same problem with audio. Sort of....
I have WinXP. I put on software partition magic for win 98 se and win xp.
Win xp work fine.
win 98 se works fine except the audio. it tells me it's working fine but no sound. no conflicts showing.
i downloaded other drivers to no avail.
tried this and that. still no audio.
i bought a gateway computer with sb live wdm sound (5.1)

can you help me?

buletbugs

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
read the manual, there may be a jumper setting to have the sound come out the back of the mother board instead of some front connection option. same thing happend to me with the msi nforce.

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.

G

Hi I did play around with the BIOS audio settings unti finally Windows detected the right drivers for my Integrated SoundMax soundcard. As a matter of fact I do hear some switching up noise from the speakers when Windows starts up. However when I look at the Multimedia menu (under Control Panel) I do not find any playback device installed and I cannot select any either. While under device manager I do see the Soundmax integrated digital audio installed, and telling me it's working "properly".
Any ideas of what the problem might be?
thank you very much
Giovanni

buletbugs

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2002
If I change a jumper..then the compute won't work in win XP.

I need the sound to work in both settings. Win XP and
Win 98

I am using partion Magic 7.0