Fish

this is the message i get when trying to start up a game i just bought. It
says i need to have Directx 9 installed(which i have) and a video card that
supports hardware T&L (whatever that is). I've tried updating video driver
etc, changing screen res. Can't think of anything else. Please help!

Hi Fish,

Let's see if you do indeed have a DX 8 or higher video card:

Here are a few ways to identify which video card you have
installed on your computer.

1. Click Start / Run / type: dxdiag
Click the Display Tab
Look under Device for the name and manufacturer

2. Click Start / (Settings) Control Panel
Click Display
Click the Settings Tab
Click the Advanced... button
Click the Adapter Tab

3. Click Start / Run / type: msinfo32
Click on the + Components
Click on Display to see the name on the right

4. Run Aida32 to see what Video, Chipset and Motherboard
you have: http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

5. Get the information from the manufactures website (or store)

6. Look on the Video card itself if you plug into a card, or

7. Look in your Motherboard manual if you plug into the
on board video built into the motherboard of your computer.

Hope that helps you identify the make and model of your video card,
and afterwards, Try updating your Video drivers using these steps:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#drivers Good Luck! :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms