Screw mobo into case question

sillysoft

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2012
Ok so building my computer right now, currently putting the motherboard into the case. I put the riser screws into place and now I have begun screwing the motherboard into the riser screws. My problem is from previous build they usually have a screw with some type of paper washer so the screw itself doesnt touch the board to protect from a short. The screws and cushion washer that came with my case dont see to fit. Meaning the screw is to small for these washer, I dont know if Im using the wrong screw? The other screws dont fit, here is a photo of the washer and screw and a photo of the mobo in the case without the washer, please help! Do I need the cushion washer? If so am I using the wrong screws?

sillysoft

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2012
From what I read so far the rubber spacers are for adding new fans. So I assume no spacers are needed for the screws that screw the motherboard into the case? I just dont want to cause a short.

reggie2014

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
actully you do need the stand offs that came with the case the mobo will more than likly short out if it comes into direct contact with the case. they are small usually hex stand offs that the mobo screws ,screw into do not screw board directly to case.

sillysoft

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2012

Yeah I installed these:

http://www.cybergooch.com/tutorials/images/buildsystem/IMG_6805.jpg

I just didnt know if I needed a non metallic washer between the screw and the riser like I have done in the past. But seems to work just fine without the washer. The case never came with a washer, so I assume it wasnt needed.

reggie2014

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
yeah i remember once long agao i was wondeing the same thing and no tiny is right ,certain componets on the motherboard actully to want to earth out on the case which is why you dont use rubber/plastic washers sorry to cconfuse you i thought you ment stand off's. placing derectly on a stand off with no washer helps those componets to earth.