SLI or Upgrade?

BigBAWZ

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Im looking to upgrade my GPU. As of now, i have one EVGA GTX 560ti. I'm not sure if i should continue using my current set up, SLI, or just upgrade. If i were to upgrade, i would most likely buy a MSI GTX 680 Lighting Edition, but it seems that two 560ti's will out perform one 680 by just a little. I'm not too sure if i should wait for the new cards to release, SLI, or just upgrade now. Please leave your thoughts.

I would not SLI the 560ti... I would try to sell the GTX560 Ti for ~100-150 and put that money toward either a GTX 670... or if you can deal with the performance you have now, Wait till the next gen cards come out in a few months.

i personally would find a used 560ti for cheap and wait till the 7xx series comes out soon and the 6xx series should be cheaper. heck im running 2 550tis clocked to the limit and they do just fine in bf3. 560tis are quite a bit better

or just keep your current card and wait but..... you could always pass it on to me haha

BigBAWZ

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

Thats what i was thinking, but its just itching me to upgrade something. But ill probably upgrade when the newer cards come out.

BigBAWZ

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

yeah i like the look of a SLI setup, but the problem is that i dont know anyone around me that games on pc and has a 560ti to get rid of. Im guess im kinda saying i dont trust online sales, but it just seems kinda iffy to me. But i really want to SLI and if i could find a used one for cheap that would be awesome until the new cards come out.