Sign in with
Your question

Samsung monitor black screen

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 18, 2013 7:12:02 PM

Hello,
My Samsung monitor (27" 300 series LED) worked fine for 13 1/2 months. Now it shows a black screen. I ran A Self Test and saw “Check Signal Cable” When the D-sub cable is connected it remains black. I have tried replacing the monitor with another (Samsung 17" lcd) and it worked fine. I also tried the 27" Samsung again with another cable, still showed a black screen. Appreciate any help, Thanks
January 18, 2013 9:38:23 PM

The inside connector could be broken. Is there another connector on it ? Like dvi or Hdmi. You should try it with another port and if it's still doing it, RMA it.

- The Brownie
m
l
January 26, 2013 8:19:10 PM

Bromeh said:
The inside connector could be broken. Is there another connector on it ? Like dvi or Hdmi. You should try it with another port and if it's still doing it, RMA it.

- The Brownie

Thanks for responding to my message, I do have an HDMI port on the monitor but not on my computer.
Samsung's warrantee on this monitor is only one year so I thought I was out of luck. Looking back on my records I found that the card I charged this on has a feature that increases the mfgr. warrantee to 2 years so I should be covered.

Rich55
m
l
January 27, 2013 2:34:33 AM

rich55 said:
Thanks for responding to my message, I do have an HDMI port on the monitor but not on my computer.
Samsung's warrantee on this monitor is only one year so I thought I was out of luck. Looking back on my records I found that the card I charged this on has a feature that increases the mfgr. warrantee to 2 years so I should be covered.

Rich55

I hope it's still on warranty :p 

- The Brownie
m
l
Related resources
!