New ASUS G75VW, Attempting To Install Windows 7

jrodfosheez

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
I have already posted this to reddit -- I will simply copy and paste what I have posted there. If any more information is needed I will gladly provided it ASAP. Thank you!

I just recently bought a Asus G46v. It came with Windows 8 which I do not want - I was planning on installing Windows 7 almost immediately. I have the Win7 .iso ready on my flash drive (set it up with the Microsoft-provided bootable USB tool). I had to figure out how to get into the BIOS initially from Windows 8, but figured it out with no problem. Thing is, when I go to the Boot section of the BIOS, it only gives me one boot option (Windows Boot Manager). There is an option to add a new boot option, but it is rather confusing. In this option, it asks me to specify a name, select a filesystem from the list (only one available, PCI(1F|2)\DevicePath(Type 3, SubType 12)HD(Part1,Sig1911a6cf-3fb3-482e-a90c-adf7ec2c1936), path for boot option (info area says must be in the format of fsx:\path\filename.efi), and finally, create. It seems as if I have to set the path for the USB, but I have no idea where to find that.

TL;DR: New ASUS G46V laptop, just trying to install Win7 instead of using Win8, can't figure out how to set USB boot within BIOS.
Any help would be great. Thank you in advance :)

EDIT: i've seem to have found a .efi file within my bootable USB. the file path is D:/efi/microsoft/boot/cdboot.efi. I attempted to create the new boot option and set it above booting to the windows boot manager. I then saved the BIOS settings and restarted the computer, but it went straight into Windows 8 once again.

Thank you all in advance!

msr02816

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
I had the same problem and I saw from reading that the best option was to delete win8 partitions and boot manager. But that might void your warranty so don't do it if you expect to utilize the manufacturers warranty .