Bluetooth problem

I have a nokia 6230 and I am trying to connect it to my PC by Bluetooth.
The phone and the PC both recognise each other, but I after I try and pair
them I enter the code and then get an error saying; paring and comm. failed
then the mobile crashes. If I click pair on the phone it just says failed.
Am I too assume that my phone might have dodgy firmware, or is there a
reason for it to crash on Bluetooth usage?

--
XBL : D0C RAY

We'll be Gunning for you
10 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth problem

    "KerplunKuK" <kerplunk@greenday.freeserve.co[dot]uk> wrote in message
    > I have a nokia 6230 and I am trying to connect it to my PC by Bluetooth.
    > The phone and the PC both recognise each other, but I after I try and pair
    > them I enter the code and then get an error saying; paring and comm.
    failed
    > then the mobile crashes. If I click pair on the phone it just says
    failed.
    > Am I too assume that my phone might have dodgy firmware, or is there a
    > reason for it to crash on Bluetooth usage?

    I too had this problem with my 6230. Tried using different dongles to no
    avail. Ended up buying a usb multi card reader and have given up with the
    dongle(s) completely.

    Netty

    What adapter are you using for your pc?

    Bob Bailey wrote:
    > What adapter are you using for your pc?

    BT500 USB Bluetooth Dongle
    --
    XBL : D0C RAY

    We'll be Gunning for you

    try to uninstalled your Nokia PC Suite and bluetooth driver and reinstalled
    it back.
    when it prompt to synchronise......your phone should receive a prompt stated
    your "computer name" on the phone screen from your PC and your acknowledge
    yes.Ensure that on the Task Bar below on your PC show have an mobilephone
    icon.If you move your cursor directly on the icon the dialog message should
    stated
    Nokia PC Suite and Nokia 6230 connected via bluetooth
    i hope this help..coz i'm using a Nokia 3230 and Blutonium Wireless Adapter
    without problem
    > Bob Bailey wrote:
    >> What adapter are you using for your pc?
    >
    > BT500 USB Bluetooth Dongle
    > --
    > XBL : D0C RAY
    >
    > We'll be Gunning for you

    When I try and connect my 6230 to my PC via bluetooth dongle I get an error.
    The error says;
    Paring and conn. rejected for security reasons

    This appears after inputting the correct bluetooth passkey. I have tried
    uninstalling the bluetooth and reinstalling that makes no difference and I
    am using the latest drivers.
    Any ideas?
    --
    XBL : D0C RAY

    We'll be Gunning for you

    > When I try and connect my 6230 to my PC via bluetooth dongle I get an
    > error.
    > The error says;
    > Paring and conn. rejected for security reasons
    >
    > This appears after inputting the correct bluetooth passkey. I have tried
    > uninstalling the bluetooth and reinstalling that makes no difference and I
    > am using the latest drivers.
    > Any ideas?

    Which Bluetooth drivers are you using? Sometimes it helps if you look for,
    and then delete, any existing pairings in the phone and in the PC.

    --
    Take control of your Nokia phone with LogoManager
    http://www.logomanager.co.uk

    Mike Bradley wrote:

    > Which Bluetooth drivers are you using? Sometimes it helps if you
    > look for, and then delete, any existing pairings in the phone and in
    > the PC.

    No pairings in the PC or phone. Drivers are bluetooth 12 zeevo, BT500 1.2.
    --
    XBL : D0C RAY

    We'll be Gunning for you

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 03:01:23 +0100, "KerplunKuK"
    <kerplunk@greenday.freeserve.co[dot]uk> wrote:

    >Mike Bradley wrote:
    >
    >> Which Bluetooth drivers are you using? Sometimes it helps if you
    >> look for, and then delete, any existing pairings in the phone and in
    >> the PC.
    >
    >No pairings in the PC or phone. Drivers are bluetooth 12 zeevo, BT500 1.2.
    Not sure if it's the same chipset but I have a Sitecom CN500 that had
    to have a security code written to it in order to be able to use the
    latest drivers.

    Alan
    Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail

    Yeah my 6230 did this (including the reboot) when I tried to pair it with my
    ipaq. It paired fine with my PC.

    I needed an update for the ipaq because it was using an earlier
    authentication method that the 6230 wouldn't accept. Once I had updated the
    ipaq it paired fine.

    I'd go looking for updated drivers for your bluetooth card I reckon.

    "KerplunKuK" <kerplunk@greenday.freeserve.co[dot]uk> wrote in message
    > When I try and connect my 6230 to my PC via bluetooth dongle I get an
    > error.
    > The error says;
    > Paring and conn. rejected for security reasons
    >
    > This appears after inputting the correct bluetooth passkey. I have tried
    > uninstalling the bluetooth and reinstalling that makes no difference and I
    > am using the latest drivers.
    > Any ideas?
    > --
    > XBL : D0C RAY
    >
    > We'll be Gunning for you

    Here's an article about ipaqs - but it explains the issue.

    http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/download/21093.html

    "KerplunKuK" <kerplunk@greenday.freeserve.co[dot]uk> wrote in message
    > When I try and connect my 6230 to my PC via bluetooth dongle I get an
    > error.
    > The error says;
    > Paring and conn. rejected for security reasons
    >
    > This appears after inputting the correct bluetooth passkey. I have tried
    > uninstalling the bluetooth and reinstalling that makes no difference and I
    > am using the latest drivers.
    > Any ideas?
    > --
    > XBL : D0C RAY