Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Bluetooth problem

Last response: in Brands
Share
July 18, 2005 4:13:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

I have a nokia 6230 and I am trying to connect it to my PC by Bluetooth.
The phone and the PC both recognise each other, but I after I try and pair
them I enter the code and then get an error saying; paring and comm. failed
then the mobile crashes. If I click pair on the phone it just says failed.
Am I too assume that my phone might have dodgy firmware, or is there a
reason for it to crash on Bluetooth usage?

--
XBL : D0C RAY

We'll be Gunning for you

More about : bluetooth problem

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 11:33:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"KerplunKuK" <kerplunk@greenday.freeserve.co[dot]uk> wrote in message
news:3k06v5Frpka3U1@individual.net...
> I have a nokia 6230 and I am trying to connect it to my PC by Bluetooth.
> The phone and the PC both recognise each other, but I after I try and pair
> them I enter the code and then get an error saying; paring and comm.
failed
> then the mobile crashes. If I click pair on the phone it just says
failed.
> Am I too assume that my phone might have dodgy firmware, or is there a
> reason for it to crash on Bluetooth usage?
>

I too had this problem with my 6230. Tried using different dongles to no
avail. Ended up buying a usb multi card reader and have given up with the
dongle(s) completely.

Netty
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 1:44:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

What adapter are you using for your pc?


"KerplunKuK" <kerplunk@greenday.freeserve.co[dot]uk> wrote in message
news:3k06v5Frpka3U1@individual.net...
>I have a nokia 6230 and I am trying to connect it to my PC by Bluetooth.
>The phone and the PC both recognise each other, but I after I try and pair
>them I enter the code and then get an error saying; paring and comm. failed
>then the mobile crashes. If I click pair on the phone it just says failed.
>Am I too assume that my phone might have dodgy firmware, or is there a
>reason for it to crash on Bluetooth usage?
>
> --
> XBL : D0C RAY
>
> We'll be Gunning for you
>
Related resources
July 19, 2005 7:08:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Bob Bailey wrote:
> What adapter are you using for your pc?

BT500 USB Bluetooth Dongle
--
XBL : D0C RAY

We'll be Gunning for you
July 20, 2005 1:18:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

try to uninstalled your Nokia PC Suite and bluetooth driver and reinstalled
it back.
when it prompt to synchronise......your phone should receive a prompt stated
your "computer name" on the phone screen from your PC and your acknowledge
yes.Ensure that on the Task Bar below on your PC show have an mobilephone
icon.If you move your cursor directly on the icon the dialog message should
stated
Nokia PC Suite and Nokia 6230 connected via bluetooth
i hope this help..coz i'm using a Nokia 3230 and Blutonium Wireless Adapter
without problem
"KerplunKuK" <kerplunk@greenday.freeserve.co[dot]uk> wrote in message
news:3k35i4Fsecc1U1@individual.net...
> Bob Bailey wrote:
>> What adapter are you using for your pc?
>
> BT500 USB Bluetooth Dongle
> --
> XBL : D0C RAY
>
> We'll be Gunning for you
>
July 23, 2005 6:04:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

When I try and connect my 6230 to my PC via bluetooth dongle I get an error.
The error says;
Paring and conn. rejected for security reasons

This appears after inputting the correct bluetooth passkey. I have tried
uninstalling the bluetooth and reinstalling that makes no difference and I
am using the latest drivers.
Any ideas?
--
XBL : D0C RAY

We'll be Gunning for you
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 6:04:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"KerplunKuK" <kerplunk@greenday.freeserve.co[dot]uk> wrote in message
news:3kdj2kFt9lf3U1@individual.net...
> When I try and connect my 6230 to my PC via bluetooth dongle I get an
> error.
> The error says;
> Paring and conn. rejected for security reasons
>
> This appears after inputting the correct bluetooth passkey. I have tried
> uninstalling the bluetooth and reinstalling that makes no difference and I
> am using the latest drivers.
> Any ideas?

Which Bluetooth drivers are you using? Sometimes it helps if you look for,
and then delete, any existing pairings in the phone and in the PC.

--
Take control of your Nokia phone with LogoManager
http://www.logomanager.co.uk
July 23, 2005 7:01:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Mike Bradley wrote:

> Which Bluetooth drivers are you using? Sometimes it helps if you
> look for, and then delete, any existing pairings in the phone and in
> the PC.

No pairings in the PC or phone. Drivers are bluetooth 12 zeevo, BT500 1.2.
--
XBL : D0C RAY

We'll be Gunning for you
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 12:10:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 03:01:23 +0100, "KerplunKuK"
<kerplunk@greenday.freeserve.co[dot]uk> wrote:

>Mike Bradley wrote:
>
>> Which Bluetooth drivers are you using? Sometimes it helps if you
>> look for, and then delete, any existing pairings in the phone and in
>> the PC.
>
>No pairings in the PC or phone. Drivers are bluetooth 12 zeevo, BT500 1.2.
Not sure if it's the same chipset but I have a Sitecom CN500 that had
to have a security code written to it in order to be able to use the
latest drivers.


Alan
Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 12:55:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Yeah my 6230 did this (including the reboot) when I tried to pair it with my
ipaq. It paired fine with my PC.

I needed an update for the ipaq because it was using an earlier
authentication method that the 6230 wouldn't accept. Once I had updated the
ipaq it paired fine.

I'd go looking for updated drivers for your bluetooth card I reckon.

"KerplunKuK" <kerplunk@greenday.freeserve.co[dot]uk> wrote in message
news:3kdj2kFt9lf3U1@individual.net...
> When I try and connect my 6230 to my PC via bluetooth dongle I get an
> error.
> The error says;
> Paring and conn. rejected for security reasons
>
> This appears after inputting the correct bluetooth passkey. I have tried
> uninstalling the bluetooth and reinstalling that makes no difference and I
> am using the latest drivers.
> Any ideas?
> --
> XBL : D0C RAY
>
> We'll be Gunning for you
>
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 12:58:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Here's an article about ipaqs - but it explains the issue.

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us...


"KerplunKuK" <kerplunk@greenday.freeserve.co[dot]uk> wrote in message
news:3kdj2kFt9lf3U1@individual.net...
> When I try and connect my 6230 to my PC via bluetooth dongle I get an
> error.
> The error says;
> Paring and conn. rejected for security reasons
>
> This appears after inputting the correct bluetooth passkey. I have tried
> uninstalling the bluetooth and reinstalling that makes no difference and I
> am using the latest drivers.
> Any ideas?
> --
> XBL : D0C RAY
>
> We'll be Gunning for you
>
!