Problem installing game

I am trying to install the game" Lord Of The Rings Return Of The king". When
I insert the disc into the drive it will not autorun.
If I access the drive through explorer the drive has recognised the disc
("properties" recognises 3.95GB) but no files can be seen in the explorer
window.When I remove the disc from the drive it (the drive) has locked up and
no further discs can be read until I restart the computer.During the locked
up stage even though there is no disc in the drive "properties" still thinks
the disc is there.

Any ideas, Many Thanks in anticipation. Mark.
3 answers Last reply
More about problem installing game

    "/\/\@rk" <rk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to install the game" Lord Of The Rings Return Of The king".
    >When
    > I insert the disc into the drive it will not autorun.
    > If I access the drive through explorer the drive has recognised the disc
    > ("properties" recognises 3.95GB) but no files can be seen in the explorer
    > window.When I remove the disc from the drive it (the drive) has locked up
    > and
    > no further discs can be read until I restart the computer.During the
    > locked
    > up stage even though there is no disc in the drive "properties" still
    > thinks
    > the disc is there.

    Sounds like a faulty disc.

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.

    *Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

    "Paul Smith" wrote:

    > "/\/\@rk" <rk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am trying to install the game" Lord Of The Rings Return Of The king".
    > >When
    > > I insert the disc into the drive it will not autorun.
    > > If I access the drive through explorer the drive has recognised the disc
    > > ("properties" recognises 3.95GB) but no files can be seen in the explorer
    > > window.When I remove the disc from the drive it (the drive) has locked up
    > > and
    > > no further discs can be read until I restart the computer.During the
    > > locked
    > > up stage even though there is no disc in the drive "properties" still
    > > thinks
    > > the disc is there.
    >
    > Sounds like a faulty disc.
    >
    > --
    > Paul Smith,
    > Yeovil, UK.
    > http://www.windowsresource.net/
    > http://www.xbox360degrees.com/
    >
    > *Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*
    >

    > Thanks but I seem to get the same problem with SIMS 2 another EA game.

    It's possible that your CD/DVD drive does not like copy protection.

    > "Paul Smith" wrote:
    >
    > > "/\/\@rk" <rk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > >I am trying to install the game" Lord Of The Rings Return Of The king".
    > > >When
    > > > I insert the disc into the drive it will not autorun.
    > > > If I access the drive through explorer the drive has recognised the
    disc
    > > > ("properties" recognises 3.95GB) but no files can be seen in the
    explorer
    > > > window.When I remove the disc from the drive it (the drive) has locked
    up
    > > > and
    > > > no further discs can be read until I restart the computer.During the
    > > > locked
    > > > up stage even though there is no disc in the drive "properties" still
    > > > thinks
    > > > the disc is there.
    > >
    > > Sounds like a faulty disc.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Paul Smith,
    > > Yeovil, UK.
    > > http://www.windowsresource.net/
    > > http://www.xbox360degrees.com/
    > >
    > > *Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*
    > >

    > > Thanks but I seem to get the same problem with SIMS 2 another EA game.

Games Windows XP