My desktop thinks its running on battery power

BIG_FELLA

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
I can't update my DESKTOP, I get the following error.

Windows Update error 800f0829

If you receive Windows Update error 800f0829, it means that your computer is running on battery power. This update can't be installed while your computer is running on battery power. Connect your computer to an electrical outlet and try to install this update again.

Error codes this applies to:

WindowsUpdate_800f0829

800f0829

0x800f0829

How can a Desktop get this error message???

Hopefully someone can help out...

Brett, With setting set to high beformance, will porably still get error. A desktop with an UPS attacted will still detect a "low Battery condition" - But as you indicated a very simple check.

Unksol. Concur as most probable cause. But add Check battery in UPS. If it Is running low, that is when UPS does its Self check/test and finds that the battery is "dieing" it is probably telling the software that it can not support a loss of power. This would be the same as a Laptop, using the brick with a Nearly dead laptop battery. Power outage = Instant power off. Which would be BAD.

To check the UPS run time, If you have a lamp with a 100 Watt bulb, see what the run time is when you pull the ups power cord. Any high load will do (100 W to 500 Watt), but Don't recommend tring using the Computer up and running.

BIG_FELLA

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012

Hi Brett,

yeah, did that yesterday, still no joy!!!