Sign in with
Your question
Solved

[Graphics Card] GTX 670 FTW - HDMI?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 18, 2013 11:00:58 PM

So I just got my new computer today with a GTX 670. I'm not very good when it comes to hardware, so I spent hours trying to figure out why I was getting no signal on my monitor. Long story short - After I figured out that I need to plug the video cable on the graphics card and not the motherboard, I thought I was good to go. At the time, I only tested this on DVI because I couldn't find the HDMI port on my graphics card.

I looked at pics online and notice that on mine, there seems to be a tiny block of some sort which covers these two ports.

I tried to gently pull them out by hand, but they didn't even budge. Now before I try something else, I need to know if I should stop now before I break something. These blocks are stuck in there good, as if I'm not suppose to take them out. But I thought 670's came with HDMI ports, so it has me wondering.

Best solution

January 18, 2013 11:17:17 PM

Do not pull them out, that is where the contacts for the connector are. The HDMI is on the right of the circled area on your pic. There is a cap on both the ports in your picture, those pull off, but the black part inside the connector does not come out.
a c 79 U Graphics card
January 18, 2013 11:26:33 PM

You won't break them if you pull them out, no.

One of those is a HDMI, one of them is a... display adapter? Something like that. (the one on the left.)

That being said, for anything serious, you want to be using a dual link dvi connection anyways.
Related resources
January 18, 2013 11:36:22 PM

Thanks for the replies! When I said "block", I meant the cap covering both ports. I pulled the one covering the HDMI port and plugged the cable in. Everything works now! :) 
January 18, 2013 11:36:53 PM

Best answer selected by TooLazy.
January 18, 2013 11:44:36 PM

Oops to late
!