Nokia 6600 install sis to MMC problem

Hi,
I've not done this before so I may be missing something.

I want to trial powerlock to see if its the prog I need for loading my
own screensavers.

I've downloaded the trial .SIS file to my phones MMC via my
reader/writer.

I've put the memory card in the 6600 and "browsed" to it in file
manager.

Clicking it shows the word "installer" for about 1 second then nothing
else!

Whats going wrong.

I've also tried another prog and the same happens.

Should I be using PCSuite somewhere along the line?
tia,
Richard
2 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6600 install problem

    richard.lister@calderdale.gov.uk wrote:

    > I've downloaded the trial .SIS file to my phones MMC via my
    > reader/writer.
    >
    > I've put the memory card in the 6600 and "browsed" to it in file
    > manager.
    >
    > Clicking it shows the word "installer" for about 1 second then nothing
    > else!
    >
    > Whats going wrong.
    >
    > I've also tried another prog and the same happens.
    >
    > Should I be using PCSuite somewhere along the line?

    I've had a 6620 for about a week now. Symbian series 60. If I use PC
    suite to transfer the SIS file from my laptop to the phone by IR, once
    the transfer is complete, the installer comes up automatically and starts
    prompting me. I've trasfered Vexed and Quickoffice trial that way.
    Sometimes I get a little glitch here or there in the installation so just
    uninstall with App. Manager and re-transfer and re-install. Hope that
    helps.

    Paul S.

    Thanks...but,
    The point is I'm using the mem card as I don't have IR or Bluetooth on
    my PC.

    What I'm asking is "does the .SIS file I have downloaded from the
    internet and written to my mem card need anything else doing to it" if
    not, why isn't mine installing?
    cheers

Nokia Sis