Low FPS on a new computer

ChrisBishop83

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
Hi Guys,

I am very new to this site and not sure if this is even the right part of the forums lol. First off like to say hello and thank you for the ppl who respond to my question.

I recently bought a new computer. I wanted a gaming computer so i could play say SWTOR or Borderlands 2 Far Cry 3 and so on. SWTOR fps is fine usually sitting at 80-100 fps. Borderlands on the other hand i'm lucky if i am getting 40 fps. Pretty annoying when i dropped almost a grand on this computer. My specs are as following:

Intel Core i5-3570k CPU @ 3.40ghz turbo to 3.80 ghz
My RAM is 12 GB PC3-10666 (1333 MHz DDR3)
2 x HD7750 1GB CrossFire graphic cards
My motherboard is ASRock Z77 Pro3
Also have liquid cooling on the processor if that helps at all

Like i said before i am very new to all this. Thank you again for the answers and help. If i need anything just ask and i'll do my best to get that for you guys.

hizodge

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
have you downloaded latest drivers? What resolution are you playing at? What games are running poorly other than Borderlands 2?

Are you playing in windowed mode? If so, this will not utilize both graphics cards. You need to be in fullscreen. Also make sure that PhysX is disabled or set to low in Borderlands 2 as this will not work on AMD cards and just cause lag.

crazypotato

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Firstly, you said hi already, so you dont have to say it again, next, you are welcome. Next, you dont need liquid cooling on a cpu you are not gunna overclock.

Next, be sure to update all your drivers to the newest. But from what i see, it seems to be well optimized and you shouldnt worry about it. Maybe the game itself cant utilize both gpus properly and that will also hamper performance as the 7750 is nowhere near a performance gpu. Try lowering your settings if that helps

timil

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
2x 7750. There's your problem... 40 FPS in Borderlands 2 with 2x 7750 is no surprise...

You're gluing two lawnmowers together expecting them to equate to a Ferrari. Sorry :(

It would seem as though you got severely ripped off, those cards are NOT for gamin,g they're budget discrete cards with cheap video in mind when IGP isn't available.

ChrisBishop83

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013

Yes i have downloaded the latest drivers. Resoultion i tried both 1980 by 1080 and also 1680 by 1050. I have physX disabled. also Far Cry 3 seems to run slow as well.

"Firstly, you said hi already, so you dont have to say it again, next, you are welcome. Next, you dont need liquid cooling on a cpu you are not gunna overclock.

Next, be sure to update all your drivers to the newest. But from what i see, it seems to be well optimized and you shouldnt worry about it. Maybe the game itself cant utilize both gpus properly and that will also hamper performance as the 7750 is nowhere near a performance gpu. Try lowering your settings if that helps"

It came with the liquid cooling so i wasn't going to say no lol. I bought it so i could play most games at high graphics. What do you suggest as a better gpu then? budget would be about 500 bucks i guess.

ChrisBishop83

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013

what one would you recommend??

EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW+ LE 04G-P4-3685-KR Video Card - 4GB, GDDR

or

ASUS GTX680-DC2T-2GD5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Video Card - 2GB