shaneVB

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
My graphics card is the GTX 470, and it has two female 6 pin PCI-E connectors on it.

My PSU is the Thermaltake 850 smartm, and it has two 8 pin PCI-E connector outputs.

Each of the two PSU's provided PCI-E output cables have two 6/8 pin PCI-E connectors running in series. So what I am saying is that the PSU can theoretically power four graphics cards that each require two 6/8 pin PCI-E.

Now this is what I want to do. I am sleeving the psu, and I want to keep the cables looking as clean as possible. I personally don't like the loop created by the two 6pin PCI-E male connectors running in series on the same cable.

Can I use both of my available 8 pin PCI-E connectors on PSU, and run two separate lines from the PSU to the same GPU? This would allow me to create two separate single 6 pin PCI-E cables without the loop.

Also if I can't use both of my PSU's 8 pin PCI-E outputs on the same GPU, could I create my own cable? The created cable would exit the PSU's 6/8pin PCI-E output and then Y-split into two 6 pin PCI-E connectors. I believe this would technically turn the circuit into a parallel circuit, so I am hesitant about this option.

Let me know what you think, or if you have a better option.

Thanks,
ShaneVB