High end speaker systems?

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Anyone know of companies known for their high-end PC speaker systems? Also where is a good site for reviews on PC speakers systems? A guy down the hall from me just got the brand new Altec Lancing 4.1 speaker system (the one where the subwoofer is the same size as his PC case!!) and I want to one up him with a truly kick ass system.

The holder of <i>this</i> pass is <b>exempt</b> from all forms of <font color=red>flaming</font color=red>.

ritesh_laud

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001
These aren't really "high end" but they're some of the best values in good performing PC speakers:

Klipsch Promedia 4.1 and 5.1
Videologic Crossfire 4.1
Logitech Z560 4.1

The latter is the cheapest but reportedly sounds great anyway. They probably skimped on quality somewhere, though.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
I understand the quality (sound) of the logitech z560's is as good as the Klipsch.. I know of a place that sells them for 137.00 Including shipping .. I will post the address later .. off to work at the moment :(

ok I'm at work now .. the<A HREF="http://www.2buystore.com/shopdisplaydetail.asp?id=395106" target="_new"> url is here </A> ignore the picture is is not correct but the speaker set is

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my north AND south bridges for trolls</font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by lagger on 03/01/02 08:19 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
I think the Klipsch Pro Media 5.1 has the ability to kick your friend's ass. But it has been my experience that Altec Lansing makes a better sounding speaker system. The highs aren't as crisp on the Klipsch, but the bass will knock down walls. I would wait until Altec Lansing comes out with a 5.1 system. But if you just want to one-up your friend in terms of loudness the Klipsch Pro Media 5.1 is the answer. Just remember your speakers are only as good as your sound card.

I can't think of a good signature so I'll use this one.