DUKE NUKEM 3d

SORRY I FORGOT TO WRITE SOMETHING!

OK!
MY PROBLEM IS THAT THE GAME IS ALL SET UP AND READY TO GO, I CLICK ON IT TO
OPEN THE GAME, IT LOADS AND THEN GOES TO THE BLACK SCREEN. THEN IT JUST GETS
OUT OF THE GAME LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED.
I NEED HELP.
(I KNOW I AM WRITING IN CAPS)

--
I will get my revenge for the Sith Lords who have failed to rule the universe.
The Stormtrooper rebellion will rise to Ultimate Power so join or DIE!

    > (I KNOW I AM WRITING IN CAPS)

    Thanks for letting us know that !

    So you have two problems-- A stuck caps lock key and a game that doesn't
    run.
    I/m afraid that the first problem needs to be solved before you will get
    much help on the second.

    A few system details would be nice-- They help in giving specific advice.
    Failing that- have you tried starting the game with any of the compatability
    settings?
    As I recall, it was quite touchy to begin with, using the older vindows
    versions. and with some graphics cards.

    "TK-421" <TK421@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > SORRY I FORGOT TO WRITE SOMETHING!
    >
    > OK!
    > MY PROBLEM IS THAT THE GAME IS ALL SET UP AND READY TO GO, I CLICK ON IT
    > OPEN THE GAME, IT LOADS AND THEN GOES TO THE BLACK SCREEN. THEN IT JUST
    GETS
    > OUT OF THE GAME LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED.
    > I NEED HELP.
    > (I KNOW I AM WRITING IN CAPS)
    >
    > --
    > I will get my revenge for the Sith Lords who have failed to rule the
    universe.
    > The Stormtrooper rebellion will rise to Ultimate Power so join or DIE!

    Duke Nuken 3D is/was a DOS game and you need to have an enhanced DOS
    emulation systems such as 'DOSBox' or 'VDMSound.'

    As for my personal ecperience, I used Duke Nukem 3D with VDMSound and the
    game crashes each time I hit a wall.

    "TK-421" <TK421@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > SORRY I FORGOT TO WRITE SOMETHING!
    >
    > OK!
    > MY PROBLEM IS THAT THE GAME IS ALL SET UP AND READY TO GO, I CLICK ON IT
    > OPEN THE GAME, IT LOADS AND THEN GOES TO THE BLACK SCREEN. THEN IT JUST
    > GETS
    > OUT OF THE GAME LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED.
    > I NEED HELP.
    > (I KNOW I AM WRITING IN CAPS)
    >
    > --
    > I will get my revenge for the Sith Lords who have failed to rule the
    > universe.
    > The Stormtrooper rebellion will rise to Ultimate Power so join or DIE!
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    Look here for a 32bit port.
    http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/index.php?p=jfduke3d

    "Yves Leclerc" <yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Duke Nuken 3D is/was a DOS game and you need to have an enhanced DOS
    > emulation systems such as 'DOSBox' or 'VDMSound.'
    >
    > As for my personal ecperience, I used Duke Nukem 3D with VDMSound and the
    > game crashes each time I hit a wall.
    >

    > "TK-421" <TK421@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> SORRY I FORGOT TO WRITE SOMETHING!
    >>
    >> OK!
    >> MY PROBLEM IS THAT THE GAME IS ALL SET UP AND READY TO GO, I CLICK ON IT
    >> OPEN THE GAME, IT LOADS AND THEN GOES TO THE BLACK SCREEN. THEN IT JUST
    >> GETS
    >> OUT OF THE GAME LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED.
    >> I NEED HELP.
    >> (I KNOW I AM WRITING IN CAPS)
    >>
    >> --
    >> I will get my revenge for the Sith Lords who have failed to rule the
    >> universe.
    >> The Stormtrooper rebellion will rise to Ultimate Power so join or DIE!

Games Microsoft 3D Windows XP