Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathbringerrr

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
I have an MSI ATI HD5670 OC edition 1gb Gddr5 card and it used to sit @ 157mhz memory clock idle and now its sitting @ 400 mhz memory clock all the time. Im sure its not normal. Thus could be the reason im getting Bsod's in BF3 and BF3 only though?

Solution

The idle clocks are changed if you are running multi-monitors, watching HD videos or videos that require the on-chip hardware decoders. A few driver revisions have also been known to raise minimum idle clocks to fix some issues at the time. Try a newer driver revision.

If you are getting BSOD's in games, best to look at what exact BSODs you are getting (google the codes). Take a look at the video card, see if it is dusty, and the fan is still working. Usually the BSODs are not...

Maxx_Power

Distinguished

The idle clocks are changed if you are running multi-monitors, watching HD videos or videos that require the on-chip hardware decoders. A few driver revisions have also been known to raise minimum idle clocks to fix some issues at the time. Try a newer driver revision.

If you are getting BSOD's in games, best to look at what exact BSODs you are getting (google the codes). Take a look at the video card, see if it is dusty, and the fan is still working. Usually the BSODs are not related to a overheated GPU in games, since modern GPUs can reset themselves via driver commands (you'll see black screens periodically for a few seconds).

Solution

Deathbringerrr

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
yeah im running dual monitors. i wondered if that was the case. I turned it off and AIDA64 off and got normal clocks again. Thanks for the info... I have Windbg and all the bsods im getting are ntoskrnl.exe and sometimes Dxgmms1.sys ive also gotten USB.sys and a bad driver signature also. ive updated all drivers and check memory and everything youre supposed to do for Bsod's. I guess ill open up a different thread in the right place for this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.