Lights on Lights off

krimson4eva

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
Well I just turned on my new gaming rig everything is connected but when I push the power button the power led and the blue led fans come on for a split second then go off could some one tell me why this is happening? My case is a Rosewill Blackhawk gaming Mid tower my motherboard is a asrock z77 extreme 4 power supply is a coolmax zu series 600 watt please help I'm so close to being done I just got my monitors and everything today

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
well it very well could be if the power hits the motherboard pushing it through to the led's then the motherbaord failes and it stops the power transfering so the leds die... though test your psu it sounds like it is the psu if anything

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
normally a psu has around a 4-5 year warranty... and the motherboard... if you went past that i think it may be time for an upgrade

note: the returns if they have "expired" from the place you bought it from for example newegg... just call the manufacture for example your motherboard call asrock and they will rma it

krimson4eva

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
Well I did a test boot with the CPU and it booted with beeps and everything and my motherboard has a on board power and reset so I don't need the screwdriver technique actually......I wonder could it be my psu it's a coolmax zu series 600 watt

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
so wait you did a test boot by not starting it via your computer case?

if yes and it works then its your case just either start your computer by pressing the motherboard, see if you can fix the wires by looking for any holes and may it is in incorrectly(maybe in the wrong slots), or you can just rma your case