Intel core i2 quad 2.66Ghz q9400 compatible graphics cards

hello, i want to ask what graphics card should i buy for my intel core i2 quad 2.66 Ghz q9400. i dont care about price so list the best ones, please. I need graphics card for latest gaming, and i am not pro at computers... :cry: . So please help me! Thank you!
5 answers Last reply
More about intel core quad 66ghz q9400 compatible graphics cards
  1. gtx 650ti would my choice without much bottlenecking or if you can overclock your cpu then hd 7850
  2. i know this is kinda different but just last year i had a E7500 dual core(difference)and a nvidia 465 and it sill bottlenecked it(70% gpu usage)i'm sure that with the quad core it wouldn't bottleneck it as much but that card is almost 3 years old and even then it still bottlenecked it.i think it's time to move on from the core2duo's and get an i3/5/7 but it's my opinion
  3. ASHISH65 said:
    gtx 650ti would my choice without much bottlenecking or if you can overclock your cpu then hd 7850

hey, how about gtx 660? is it compatible with my processor?
  4. There's no such thing as a graphics card not being "compatible".

The problem lies with the fact that your processor is aging - you could get a 660, but it wouldn't be any better than a 650ti, because neither would be able to run at full power; the processor wouldn't be able to feed it data fast enough.
  5. DarkSable said:
    There's no such thing as a graphics card not being "compatible".

The problem lies with the fact that your processor is aging - you could get a 660, but it wouldn't be any better than a 650ti, because neither would be able to run at full power; the processor wouldn't be able to feed it data fast enough.

Hey, and how about ram/ i am using asus p5q3 motherboard and 1000 watts power supply. now i have 3.25 gb ram, is it possible to get 16gb ram, and if yes, how?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Core Quad Compatibility Intel Graphics Product