Problem with my Msi Lightning 7970

I have a lot of fun with my Msi Lightning 7970 but from last two weeks I got some horror able happenings with it. Main problem is that sometimes my pc got struck with a screen covered with lines. These lines are green and sometime these are gray. Then I have to do a hard restart by switching off power. :( So I need help to know about it and solve this problem as well. Today when I was using Corel Draw I faced this problem for four times. It really sucks my work and fun.. :( But while playing games it never do so. :) I played BF3, Black Ops 2, Assassin creed 3 etc. these all are working fine at max settings without having above problem.
1- Is it a driver problem?
Or
2- Graphic hardware problem?
3 answers Last reply
More about problem lightning 7970
  1. What drivers are you using? Is your card overclocked? Are you getting any weird readings in Afterburner?

Does it only happen in Corel Draw?
  2. BigMack70 said:
    What drivers are you using? Is your card overclocked? Are you getting any weird readings in Afterburner?

Does it only happen in Corel Draw?

Thanks for reply. :)
    1- Currently i am using catalyst control and driver version 12.10.
    2- No, I did not get any bad or suspicious readings on afterburner.
    3- My GPU temperature is also good. 24 C on idle and 49 at full load.
    4- and my card is on factory settings it does not overclocked.
    5- This problem is happened (once a week or twice..)with CS:Source (only at the starting of a serve).
    but not like with coral draw :( four times a day)
  3. I'm having similar problem.
    For me, it seems to occur mostly when watching/streaming online videos.
    It does happens randomly too, but it too gets stuck with screen with lines or sometimes just a coloured screen.
    The PC doesn't seems to be running okay as I can still hear the background process (be it video or mp3).
    However, the screen will get stuck on a coloured screen like described. Would be good if someone knows the solution.
  4. RMA now while you still can....I hope! I have had the same issues! I returned the first one about 3 months ago, and didn't have anymore issues until last week. Now I'm getting the little lines of many colors fuzzing up my screen, then I have to power down and reboot to correct the problem. There has been no over-clocking, and I most definitely have the right drivers! It looks like I have another RMA in my near future!
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics MSI-Microstar