Blue screen when i play neverwinter nights, HELP!!

Hi, i just reinstalled nwn after its been in the book shelf for a few years,
and when i get to the third room my screen turns blue and i get an error
message ; BAD_POOL_HEADER
and a few numbers, 0x00000019, 0x819fc8b8, 0x819fc9f8 and 0x0a280001.
what does this mean, and how do i fix it?
i have a pretty new computer and the newest drivers for everything, so i
dont really see why i have this problem
please help me!!!

// Michael.S

Hi Michael,

Perhaps the page file is at fault? It's good practice to refresh the
page file once in awhile by building a new one. Use these steps:

1. In Control Panel / System / Advanced / click the Performance
"Settings..." button which open the "Performance Options" box.

2. Click the "Advanced" tab and then the "Change..." button.

3. Scroll through the list, click on any line that has a value listed in
the "Paging File Size" column, click the "No paging file" choice,
and then click the "Set" button for the page file to be cleared.

4. After completing step 3 for each entry, click OK 3 times to exit.

5. Restart the computer, hold down F8 to startup in Safe Mode.

6. Delete each pagefile.sys you find on your drive's partitions.

7. Repeat steps 1+2, and click the "System managed size" choice.

8. Click the "Set" button, click OK 3 times, and restart the system.

9. For a visualization of the Virtual Memory Page file configuration try:
http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/columns/mcfedries/03june16.asp
For advanced options visit: http://www.aumha.org/a/xpvm.htm

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Michael.S" <Michael.S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A1109A2-9E5A-428E-9E23-E04A76DE98ED@microsoft.com...
| Hi, i just reinstalled nwn after its been in the book shelf for a few years,
| and when i get to the third room my screen turns blue and i get an error
| message ; BAD_POOL_HEADER
| and a few numbers, 0x00000019, 0x819fc8b8, 0x819fc9f8 and 0x0a280001.
| what does this mean, and how do i fix it?
| i have a pretty new computer and the newest drivers for everything, so i
| dont really see why i have this problem
| please help me!!!
|
| // Michael.S

i think i deleted the wrong file, i missread and thought i were supposed to
delete all .sys files on the partiotion, wich i did. and when i restardet it
said; NTLDR missing press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart. and when i do that the
same thing comes up again so i cant do anything. and ive tried to boot with a
windows cd, but that dont work. so i have no idead what the hell i did or
what im supposed to do now =/
now i really need help!!

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Perhaps the page file is at fault? It's good practice to refresh the
> page file once in awhile by building a new one. Use these steps:
>
> 1. In Control Panel / System / Advanced / click the Performance
> "Settings..." button which open the "Performance Options" box.
>
> 2. Click the "Advanced" tab and then the "Change..." button.
>
> 3. Scroll through the list, click on any line that has a value listed in
> the "Paging File Size" column, click the "No paging file" choice,
> and then click the "Set" button for the page file to be cleared.
>
> 4. After completing step 3 for each entry, click OK 3 times to exit.
>
> 5. Restart the computer, hold down F8 to startup in Safe Mode.
>
> 6. Delete each pagefile.sys you find on your drive's partitions.
>
> 7. Repeat steps 1+2, and click the "System managed size" choice.
>
> 8. Click the "Set" button, click OK 3 times, and restart the system.
>
> 9. For a visualization of the Virtual Memory Page file configuration try:
> http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/columns/mcfedries/03june16.asp
> For advanced options visit: http://www.aumha.org/a/xpvm.htm
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
> MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
>

> "Michael.S" <Michael.S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A1109A2-9E5A-428E-9E23-E04A76DE98ED@microsoft.com...
> | Hi, i just reinstalled nwn after its been in the book shelf for a few years,
> | and when i get to the third room my screen turns blue and i get an error
> | message ; BAD_POOL_HEADER
> | and a few numbers, 0x00000019, 0x819fc8b8, 0x819fc9f8 and 0x0a280001.
> | what does this mean, and how do i fix it?
> | i have a pretty new computer and the newest drivers for everything, so i
> | dont really see why i have this problem
> | please help me!!!
> |
> | // Michael.S

Hi Michael,

If you deleted your Windows system files, you'll need
to repair your current installation, here's how...

How to repair Windows XP:
Unplug from your Internet connection, and then repair Windows:
using this method: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Afterwards, boot up your system, turn on your XP Internet Firewall,
plug back into your Internet connection and install all Critical and
Recommended updates from: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

--

"Michael.S" <MichaelS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:403550AD-61FB-4570-94DB-381A622FB1D7@microsoft.com...
|i think i deleted the wrong file, i missread and thought i were supposed to
| delete all .sys files on the partiotion, wich i did. and when i restardet it
| said; NTLDR missing press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart. and when i do that the
| same thing comes up again so i cant do anything. and ive tried to boot with a
| windows cd, but that dont work. so i have no idead what the hell i did or
| what im supposed to do now =/
| now i really need help!!
|
| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|
| > Hi Michael,
| >
| > Perhaps the page file is at fault? It's good practice to refresh the
| > page file once in awhile by building a new one. Use these steps:
| >
| > 1. In Control Panel / System / Advanced / click the Performance
| > "Settings..." button which open the "Performance Options" box.
| >
| > 2. Click the "Advanced" tab and then the "Change..." button.
| >
| > 3. Scroll through the list, click on any line that has a value listed in
| > the "Paging File Size" column, click the "No paging file" choice,
| > and then click the "Set" button for the page file to be cleared.
| >
| > 4. After completing step 3 for each entry, click OK 3 times to exit.
| >
| > 5. Restart the computer, hold down F8 to startup in Safe Mode.
| >
| > 6. Delete each pagefile.sys you find on your drive's partitions.
| >
| > 7. Repeat steps 1+2, and click the "System managed size" choice.
| >
| > 8. Click the "Set" button, click OK 3 times, and restart the system.
| >
| > 9. For a visualization of the Virtual Memory Page file configuration try:
| > http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/columns/mcfedries/03june16.asp
| > For advanced options visit: http://www.aumha.org/a/xpvm.htm
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
| > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| >

| > "Michael.S" <Michael.S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A1109A2-9E5A-428E-9E23-E04A76DE98ED@microsoft.com...
| > | Hi, i just reinstalled nwn after its been in the book shelf for a few years,
| > | and when i get to the third room my screen turns blue and i get an error
| > | message ; BAD_POOL_HEADER
| > | and a few numbers, 0x00000019, 0x819fc8b8, 0x819fc9f8 and 0x0a280001.
| > | what does this mean, and how do i fix it?
| > | i have a pretty new computer and the newest drivers for everything, so i
| > | dont really see why i have this problem
| > | please help me!!!
| > |
| > | // Michael.S

I reinstalled windows instead. and will instal the game later tonight, keep
your fingers crossed it works =) and thank u for all the help

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> [...]
> | >
> | > 6. Delete each pagefile.sys you find on your drive's partitions.
> | >
> | > 7. Repeat steps 1+2, and click the "System managed size" choice.
> | >
> | > 8. Click the "Set" button, click OK 3 times, and restart the system.
> | >
> | > 9. For a visualization of the Virtual Memory Page file configuration try:
> | > http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/columns/mcfedries/03june16.asp
> | > For advanced options visit: http://www.aumha.org/a/xpvm.htm
> | >
> | > --
> | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
> | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> | >
> | > Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> | > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
> | > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
> | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.

You're most welcome Michael. I hope it works!! :)

--

"Michael.S" <MichaelS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6076DA5C-D3AE-4979-85D3-5040AC4B9B95@microsoft.com...
|I reinstalled windows instead. and will instal the game later tonight, keep
| your fingers crossed it works =) and thank u for all the help
|
| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|
| > Hi Michael,
| >
| > If you deleted your Windows system files, you'll need
| > to repair your current installation, here's how...
| >
| > How to repair Windows XP:
| > Unplug from your Internet connection, and then repair Windows:
| > using this method: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
| >
| > Afterwards, boot up your system, turn on your XP Internet Firewall,
| > plug back into your Internet connection and install all Critical and
| > Recommended updates from: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
| > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| >

| > "Michael.S" <MichaelS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:403550AD-61FB-4570-94DB-381A622FB1D7@microsoft.com...
| > |i think i deleted the wrong file, i missread and thought i were supposed to
| > | delete all .sys files on the partiotion, wich i did. and when i restardet it
| > | said; NTLDR missing press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart. and when i do that the
| > | same thing comes up again so i cant do anything. and ive tried to boot with a
| > | windows cd, but that dont work. so i have no idead what the hell i did or
| > | what im supposed to do now =/
| > | now i really need help!!
| > |
| > | "Jimmy S." wrote:
| > |
> [...]
| > | > |

redhammerbitch

Try re-installing the game, that might work too, look for a sight that has repairs. I'm looking for repairs too. does anyone know where i can get nwn repaired so's i can re-install it? I'd really appreciate it. :D