Build Help

helps

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
I will be using xSplit(Streaming software)/Gaming a lot on this machine. Thank you any help will be very appreciated !

Parts I have now:

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3

Questions:

■Should I upgrade CPU ?
■Should I upgrade my mother board Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 ?
■What is a good monitor that is around 20 inchs ? I will want to get 2 and use 3 in total.
Liquid or fan ?
■Good 256 GB SSD?
■Is this good GFX card ? Would getting more than 1 help much ?
■Good case ?
■Should I wait to get any of these items ? Will newer models come out any time soon ?
■Any thing else I need/missed ?

Emelth

Distinguished
i5 2500K is still a good CPU its not that far behind the 3570k yet for an upgrade IMO
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/701?vs=288

I would also not upgrade your motherboard since it is perfectly fine as well

Cooling to me depends on where you live and how hard your gonna be pushing your Rig. Usually if you live in a hotter area in the world where they close to the 80s or 90s i would go for a liquid cooler. If not a good air cooler will do the job for most people.

SSDs are a great piece of equipment to add to a rig to speed up the OS and your games, I would definitely try and get one if I were you.

Depending on the games you play find out if they favor AMD or NVidia GPUs, the 7970 is a good choice and beats the 670 by a little bit in overall performance.

Thats a good case for its price but if you go for liquid cooled rig get a better one.

helps

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
Mother Board: Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3
Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i
Hard Drive: Samsung 840 Pro Series 2.5-Inch 256 GB Solid State Drive
GFX: EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW
Case: N/A

Questions:

Which liquid cooler should I get quite edition or high performance ?
What case should I get ?
Good monitors ? I was looking at this one . Is it worth the price or could I go for a cheaper one ?
I want to run 2-3 monitors will the gfx card I pick work ?

Thank you.

michxymi

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011

helps

Distinguished
May 30, 2011

I love that case & gfx card!

■What cooling system do you think I should get ? Does the Extreme Performance H100 make a big difference over the Quiet Edition. I live in California and in the summer it can get to 90-100+ in the room i'am in.

■I was thinking of getting warranty for the items I was buying do you think it would be worth it ? I would be buying them from amazon or newegg.

Thank you for all the help!