SO Many Choices///Which GPU!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

staugiedawg88

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Well I'm Pretty Sure that I'll probably catch Flack for such an open ended question, but oh well. My question is; I want to do a video card upgrade and play current games///farcry 3, Skyrim etc. (at least skyrim cranked up lol) Cranked up looking beautiful as ever! One problem is Kind of budget related. I want a good card that will play the above games cranked, and has crossfirex or SLI support.. The budget issue is I don't know/or want to spend over 200 bucks on something because I want the second card to come soon after. So what are my options around 200 dollars??? I know obviously since price is an option Nvidia is probably not happening for me but, I don't know let me know!

Thanks In Advance
I was looking at 7870's for around 239.99 just for info
Midtower Gaming Case
Cooling out the a$$
capstone 750 m psu
intel i5 3470
8 gigs no name ram
1tb Toshiba hdd
windows 8 pro

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127663 I had this card until recently. It was great. It played everything at decent settings at 1080p. It has a great heatsink and overclocked well too.

I would stay away from mulitcard setups. They have too many issues. I always recommend buying the fastest single gpu you can afford. I can tell you from experience too, as I have used CrossfireX and SLI.

Solution
Yep. You should not be going for crossfire or SLI unless you already have an extremely powerful card and need more power than the best can give you. There are just too many issues, such as the fact that it only works in the games that happen to support crossfire / SLI.

That being said, why is a budget of $200 making you not get Nvidia? You could get a 650ti or a 660 for around that much. (Though maestro's suggestion is a great card.)

Tom Burnqest

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

LOL 650ti on a $200 budget heck even the 660 is inferior to the 7850 which I might add the fastest is the powercolor PCS+ 7850 is under $200 and performes better than a GTX 570 and even 580

Tom Burnqest

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

The powercolor is cooler and more quite than the Msi as well it is faster and cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.