Skyrim ENB 7970 Ghz. laggy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebro

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
Hi all,

I'm trying to run Skyrim on my new PC. I have a 7970 Ghz. with a 3570K and the fps is really horrible... I really don't know what to do. I have a HD texture pack and 3 other graphics mods. It really makes no sense. I practically have the best GPU available...

Please help,

Littlebro.

Reinstall AMD drivers, reboot your computer and try again, it should not recognise your hd4000 as a primary card. Maybe this has been the problem all along, games are trying to use your intel gpu. I think a driver reinstall is needed, use driversweeper to remove all traces of the drivers, reboot and install latest ones.

deepblue08

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012

Agree with this post. I have a feeling your monitor is connected to your motherboard and not video card.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

Couple of things:

1. Make sure you have ENB properly installed, improperly installed/wrong files can cause this.

2. You might need to reinstall the drivers, uninstall drivers run a driver cleaner utility, restart then install again.

3. Lucid mvp could be the cause, also make sure you don't have the half vsync option enabled.

4. Make sure your on board gpu is disabled in the bios, set primary boot device to PEG, connect monitor to your new graphics card.

Littlebro

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
I could try the first three steps, but I don't have the adapter to plug into my GPU. I'll check again in the boxes delivered with the PC to make sure there isn't an adapter in it for my GPU.

Lordy, Lordy. In regards to the BIOS smash the delete button repeatedly when you turn power on until in BIOS and if it does not work then do the same with F2. I have a feeling that you do not have your monitor connected to your graphics card, please make sure it is =D.

Littlebro

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
Yeah it's connected to the mobo, but I don't have the adapter to connect my gpu to my monitor. I'm going to buy it tomorrow.

Some time ago, I tried uninstalling my drivers + a clean sweep with driversweeper. Now nothing appears when I start my PC. The machine is running, but nothing appears on the monitor... Getting desperate. Hope that it helps when I plug it into my monitor tomorrow...

Littlebro

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
oh ok :p . And do you think that's also the reason for my black screen. Because as I said before, it doesn't even boot anymore. Sometimes I only hear the noice of the windows login screen but the monitor remains black. This occurred after I uninstalled all the AMD drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.