Sims 2

When launching Sims 2 the following message comes up
CD/DVD Emulation software has been detected, please disable
How do I do this?
Have uninstalled / installed the game and looked every where for this
Emulation software.

My grandkids are waiting for an answer Help

Aussie John
4 answers Last reply
More about sims

    Hi John,

    EA Games has provided a list of software known to include CD Emulation
    software here:
    http://eagames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eagames.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=15775&p_created=1095270252&p_prod_lvl1=&p_sid=ZAxbzKlh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTUmcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wcm9kX2x2bDE9NDc0JnBfY2F0X2x2bDE9JnBfY2F0X2x2bDI9JnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9ZHZk&p_li

    The above link also includes instructions for disabling the CD Emulation in
    a few of the software programs mentioned.

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "John" <kookie1@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > When launching Sims 2 the following message comes up
    > CD/DVD Emulation software has been detected, please disable
    > How do I do this?
    > Have uninstalled / installed the game and looked every where for this
    > Emulation software.
    >
    > My grandkids are waiting for an answer Help
    >
    > Aussie John

    Have your use the Nero ImagaeDrive software? If so, you need to re-install
    and remove it. Then, re-install the game.

    Most newer games are now checking for imagdrive emuylation system and will
    refuse to work correctly.

    "John" <kookie1@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > When launching Sims 2 the following message comes up
    > CD/DVD Emulation software has been detected, please disable
    > How do I do this?
    > Have uninstalled / installed the game and looked every where for this
    > Emulation software.
    >
    > My grandkids are waiting for an answer Help
    >
    > Aussie John

  3. i got the game working without any patches all i did was start my pc up in debugmode press F8 while the computer is starting up to get into a menu select debugmode when the windows has started start the game play it for a bit and then save the game and shut down the pc then startup the pc as normal and the game should work it did for me i can't garrantee that this will work for you as well as i have only one pc to try this on
  4. Sorry i clicked on the wrong button

    i got the game working without any patches all i did was start my pc up in debugmode press F8 while the computer is starting up to get into a menu select debugmode when the windows has started start the game play it for a bit and then save the game and shut down the pc then startup the pc as normal and the game should work it did for me i can't garrantee that this will work for you as well as i have only one pc to try this on

Sims Emulation Software Windows XP